We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nappies

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
nappies

do they sell pampers in shops x

Slough,Berks
reviews: 42
1. Re: nappies

Hi Tina,when I first started taking my 2 sons to Sidari (youngest being 1 at the time),the supermarkets did sell Pampers along with some greek makes,and lots of other baby/toddler goodies .Be warned though,english nappies are very dear and the greek ones didn't seem much cheaper either.What we ended up doing on future hols,was taking our own from UK and dividing up nappies in all of our suitcases and hand lugguage so we had enough for our 2 wks in Corfu.You could do this or buy some airside in Boots at Gatwick before you leave.I also bought swimming nappies from Boots or Lidl's as cheaper than Pampers/Huggies.Hassle taking babie's away,but so worth it I think.......have a great hol!

Edited: 1:24 pm, January 20, 2012
manchester
2. Re: nappies

thank you for yr reply do they sell english baby jars over there as well do u know? al take my own nappies if theres room in my suitcase lol x

Slough,Berks
3. Re: nappies

Hi again,to be totally honest I really can't remember if they sold english baby food jars as it was a good few years ago.....lil one almost 6 and eldest is nearly 17 so not had to look for baby stuff in a while now.I do recall buying some jars of greek baby food which did the job,but not a very varied range as you get in UK.OK though.I'm sure there were some Cow n Gate stuff,powered milk,a few jars etc,I'm trying to rack my brains now lol!!!

My 2 were/still are picky eaters,so was abit of a nitemare for food when they were small,but we got by.They both liked fromage frais (Petit Filous etc) and we never found any in Corfu so bought yoghurts instead,which they sort of ate ha ha.....the 1st year I took the youngest,he mainly survived on eating the bread in the tavernas,odd chip here and there,cows milk,garlic bread and tomato soup.He didn't starve,put it that way.Just wish my kids would eat whatever's put infront of them,especially with all the lovely food that Corfu has.Alas no!!Now their both older,its always the same old english food abroad,nuggets,beans n chips,fish n chips etc.,at least it's food I suppose....

The small supermarkets in Sidari do sell baby products,but don't have a massive range.There are 2 big supermarkets by the crossroads as you come into Sidari from airport and they are better for more choice.There's also a few big Lidl's on the island,one being by the airport,but obvs need a car to get there and mostly sell greek stuff,but handy if you can get to them.

Know I rambled on abit,but any more help you need with your hol,just let me know.Take care x

manchester
4. Re: nappies

thank you for replying back its so worrying taking a baby abroad hel b 15 month time we go so he shd be eating alot of our food by then x

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 1
5. Re: nappies

we have a recently opened english shop in sidari great selection of products in stock

Slough,Berks
6. Re: nappies

I forgot all about the English shop Moonpig.....that will prob solve all your probs Tina.Not been there myself,but apparently it's really good with loads of english goods on offer and at reasonable prices.Must have a look this year when we visit again in August.Am I correct in saying you do a left at the crossroads towards Kassiopi and the shop is on your left hand side,not to far up???

My lil one was also 15 months on his 1st visit,so know how you feel Tina.My mum was worse than me even though we'd been visiting Corfu for years before.You'd think we were going away to Outer Mongolia,the way she was carring on lol!!At the end of the day the greeks have been having babies for 1000's of years like ourselves and all things are in the shops for babies,just maybe not such a greater choice as in UK.If you have a Wilkinson's near you,they sell lots of hol stuff like mozzie deterents,high factor sun lotion for the baby and at cheap prices.We also got one of those special sun suits for the lil one from Boots which protects from the sun rays.Hat,shorts and t-shirt which he loved.

When do you go Tina and what hotel/apt are you staying at?I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.Hope u fall in love with Sidari and Corfu like so many other have on this forum.I've been going now since lates 90's and it's FAB.... xx

manchester
7. Re: nappies

were going june 25th stayin at paradise apartments is the english shop near there do u know? x

Slough,Berks
8. Re: nappies

Moonpig is prob best to answer that cos she actually lives in Sidari,lucky lady!but if the shop is where I think it is,and I know where the Paradise apts are,you're not miles away,but it would be abit of a walk I reckon especially if you're buying lots of stuff.If you hire a car,it would take a few mins to drive there and likewise if you got a cab,wud prob cost about 10 euros return.

You'd have to do a right out of your apts,right again at small crossroads,then walk all the way to the large crossroads (where big supermarket is and petrol station),then do a left and shop is on your left further up the road.

Hopefully Moonpig or Mrs Mushyjam can clarify that,cos I'm not 100% sure I've got english shop location right,think I have,but don't want to give out wrong directions.......BTW Paradise apts look great,never stayed myself but have eaten and had drinks in there and seems highly rated and they're not far from beach,shops,taverna's/bars etc.,great location!x

manchester
9. Re: nappies

thank you for all yr help xx

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 1
10. Re: nappies

turn right up main sidari street 15 minutes gentle stroll till you get to juntion by two big supermarkets /// turn left there and you will see the english shop and new ice cream parlour on your left

you can return to the beach from there down a dirt track road which takes you by the sidari water park // pop in there for a drink they will make you very welcome pools and sunbeds free[ use of slides a few euros for use all day]

Get answers to your questions about Sidari