We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a boat?

Which Kassiopi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheltenham
reviews: 67
Hiring a boat?

Hiya Guys,

I'm looking for a little advice and would be super greatful of your help. This September (in 154 days if I'm not getting too excited) until my boyfriend and I go to Kassiopi for the 3rd time. We never hire a car as neither of us drive, but would like to hire a boat. My concerns are as follows:

Firstly, will we be allowed as we don't drive?

Secondly, will we find it difficult as we don't drive?

Thirdly, approximately how much would it cost and who is reputable?

I'd rather ask here as the reviews for hotels/apartments etc have been spot on.

Thanks in advance,

Emma x

Pelekas
reviews: 2
1. Re: Hiring a boat?

Most of what you want to know answered here http://www.filippos-boats.com/

cheltenham
reviews: 67
2. Re: Hiring a boat?

Thank you, I'll take a look.

Exeter, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Hiring a boat?

Hi. I can't answer re the driving licence bit - but we have hired a boat from Phillipos before - it was all very easy, we were given a 'how to' lesson then headed off. Fantastic fun. With fuel it cost about 100 euros for the day.

North Staffordshire
reviews: 5
4. Re: Hiring a boat?

Just pop into the Harbour Bar and speak to the girl in there. She'll give you all you need to know.

You don't need a driving licence and you'll get a good lesson, although its very easy. Nothing like driving really! No gears or anything to think about, literally a lever for forward and backward with speed control and a steering wheel, you'll soon get the hang of it. Very good value too, the lowest priced boats are €50 then you pay for the fuel you use at the end of the day. To give you an idea, we had a good (and fast!) explore and only used €30 of fuel.

Amazing day out, we want to budget to do it 2 or 3 times next time we go!

Marske by the sea
reviews: 11
5. Re: Hiring a boat?

Very interested in this thread as this is one of the things we have in mind when we visit in a couple of weeks.

There will only be me and my wife so it will only be a little boat we need.

Out of interest how far can you actually go / where would you recommend , is there enough to do for a full day and can you just moor up at all the little villages and have a drink or a meal ?

Cheers

JIm

Canterbury, United...
6. Re: Hiring a boat?

Hi Jim,

You can normally go as far as Nissaki which is quite away and no further north than Kassiopi, there are lots of lovely little bays scattered along the way including Kerasia with a fabulous taverana, Kalami with several and Agni with three, we always eat at Nikolas. There is a beautiful beach just south of Kassiopi on the headland between Avlaki and Stefanos, you can only reach it on foot or by boat, there is nothing there other than the odd boat. The wind does get up in the afternoon so it can be a bit bumpy on the last leg returning to Kassiopi, so we tend to hire from St Stefanos to avoid the wave in the face experience but its not always that bad.

Only 15 days for us now, getting very excited ! Have a great holiday.

Cheers Sue

London
reviews: 1
7. Re: Hiring a boat?

We have done this twice and it was great. My one piece of advice is dont leave it until late afternoon to come back, as the seas get very rough, and you'll be tossed about from pillar to post

Tony

Marske by the sea
reviews: 11
8. Re: Hiring a boat?

Some great info there ,

What time would be ideal to make the return journey ?

Stockport, United...
reviews: 23
9. Re: Hiring a boat?

arrange early'ish morning about 10.30 ish think that's the best time plenty of time to explore and get back about 3 ish to be safe

Canterbury, United...
10. Re: Hiring a boat?

Hi Jim,

In the summer you do not usually have to be back until 6pm so you have plenty of time to go exloring and stop for a leisurely lunch, we normally leave about 10am in the morning, depending what the night before was like :-)

Cheers Sue

Get answers to your questions about Kassiopi
Recent Conversations