We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions from Another First Timer

Which Kassiopi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrow-in-Furness...
reviews: 14
Questions from Another First Timer

Hello Everyone

I've gone and booked me and hubby a weeks break in beginning of May and splashed out a little and chosen to stay at the Solaris.

My questions are:

Will I need a jacket/cardi at night time

Will I really need 100 - 150 euros per day for two of us?

Do we need anything special licence wise to hire a moped if the urge overtakes us?

I'm sure there will be more later but these are all for now. Fingers crossed for lots of warm sunbathing sunshine :)

Thanks in advance.

Gailybob

Barrow-in-Furness...
11. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Thanks Mousakka, really looking forward to to going, will try the Lekkas.

Still on 11 weeks, but only just :D

Lancashire
reviews: 7
12. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Just caught up with this post as I was away when you posted.

You will enjoy the Solaris, absolutely fantastic and in a great position, we stayed there in May last year and are going again in September this year.

There is a great restaurant called Boleros just up to the left as you come out of Solaris and a supermarket in the square near there. If you come from Solaris the back way you are on the port, a good restaurant there is Petrinos, there is also a supermarket near the port.

Solaris has a great snack bar too, for breakfasts and lunch.

I really can't praise Solaris enough, for its friendly atmosphere and wonderful position.

Barrow-in-Furness...
13. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Thanks Trishanne, really helpful info there about the Solaris, was it warm/sunny enough to get a tan when you were there in May? Friends tell me not to worry anything will be better than what we are experiencing here.... although I disagree a little I'd like to do at least 2 days pool lounging, selfish of me I know :D :D.

Lancashire
reviews: 7
14. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

We had one wet day and my did it rain, but it was fine and dry by the evening, still warm though. Every other day was warm and sunny, definitely sun bathing weather, we came home with a tan. If I remember correctly we may have needed a cardigan in the evening. I think you will find it warm enough, but you may get a shower.

If I can help further don't hesitate to ask. Have a lovely time.

Barrow-in-Furness...
15. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Thank you and to everyone who has posted in response. My cardi is all ready...... hanging there..... waiting to be packed ........ along with all the other stuff. Just need my coffee sachets and all ready to go! Under 8 weeks left........

16. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014