We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions from Another First Timer

Which Kassiopi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrow-in-Furness...
reviews: 23
Questions from Another First Timer

Hello Everyone

I've gone and booked me and hubby a weeks break in beginning of May and splashed out a little and chosen to stay at the Solaris.

My questions are:

Will I need a jacket/cardi at night time

Will I really need 100 - 150 euros per day for two of us?

Do we need anything special licence wise to hire a moped if the urge overtakes us?

I'm sure there will be more later but these are all for now. Fingers crossed for lots of warm sunbathing sunshine :)

Thanks in advance.

Gailybob

Bridgnorth, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Hi Gailybob,

We often feel the need for a Light coat during May, as the drop in temp' from day sun to evening can make it feel cool, however we like eating outside, and will often sit at the table for 2 or even 3 hours. If you are just waking between indoor locations it should not be a problem, (unless it’s raining).

How much spends is a difficult question, we normally self-cater for breakfast so 5 euro a day, Lunch is just a snack so 10 euro, Evening meal with wine can average 35 euro. Beers, coffee, soft drinks ice creams etc. about 20 euros a day. So we look at 70 euros, 500 a week for the two of us. But I know some spend that in the bars and clubs on drink alone.

Your UK licence is good for all that you are allowed to drive/ride at home. Just make sure your travel insurance covers you for bikes, some don't.

Enjoy.

Bridgnorth, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

I should have said, any trips or car hire, would be on top of this. but we normally pay for such on plastic. or before we leave home on the "inter-web".

Edited: 5:16 pm, February 13, 2013
Barrow-in-Furness...
3. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Thanks Roybaker that is very helpful info :) 11 weeks and counting

manchester
reviews: 42
4. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Hi Gailbob,

Make sure that you take the paper copy of your driving licence along with your photo ID one if you are hiring a moped/car.

Roybaker has already given good advice on spending money and unless you are big drinkers then 70-80 euro's per day should be plenty.

You can usually get set meals too at the taverna's so that can work out alot cheaper for your evening meal.

Edited: 2:53 pm, February 14, 2013
Barrow-in-Furness...
5. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Thanks Rosey, I only have a paper licence, a pink and green old fashioned one :)

We're not big drinkers either but that still sounds alot to me, I think a trip to the super market will be needed plenty of sandwiches me thinks :D

manchester
6. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Hi Gailybob, food from the supermarkets is alot more expensive than it is in the Uk, buying a loaf and the filling/s to go in the sandwich would probably work out more expensive than if you were to buy a sandwich at a taverna, you can get a gyro for 2.50 /350 euro which are quite filling. Bottled water is cheap from the supermarkets though.

Buying a box of cereal, milk,butter and a loaf for breakfast would be a good idea though if you are on a budget and would see you through a fair few days.

The only food stuff that we pack in our case is a large jar of nescafe, coffee is very expensive, I just put the coffee into a few food bags and secure to save weight.

Set meals of an evening are usually around 9-12 euro's per person and often include a glass of wine /beer which is good value.

You will have a lovely time in Kassiopi and you don't have long to wait now, time is really flying by this year.

Edited: 6:41 pm, February 15, 2013
Dover, United...
7. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Good to know that despite braving an eurozone country this year (we usually go to Turkey), eating out can be relatively inexpensive especially with the set meal in some tavernas. Do you have any recommended eateries you could suggest we try out? We are first timers too, staying at Dimas apartments for 2 weeks from 15 June and counting down the days!

manchester
8. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Hi KentTraveller,

We have never actually stayed in Kassiopi but have visited quite often when we are in Corfu for lunch, I can't remember the names of the taverna's but if you look at the reviews for restaurants in Kassiopi here on trip advisor then that should give you plenty of idea's. Kima restaurant has excellent reviews and the price is very reasonable. The set menu's are a good idea if you are on a budget especially when they include a drink.

Obviously the price of a meal can be more expensive if you order starters, bread, desserts and lots of side dishes but that is the case anywhere in the world.

Edited: 4:36 am, February 16, 2013
Barrow-in-Furness...
9. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

Thanks Rosie, I'll do what you suggest, however coffee always comes with me. ..... must remember to pack the credit card. :D

KentTraveller - the other couple we are going with are staying at the Dimas, second time for them, absolutely love it they say, can't fault the place!

Edited: 11:30 am, February 16, 2013
Stockport, United...
10. Re: Questions from Another First Timer

as said maybe a light jacket for the night as the temps drop a little( temps equate to our day time temps) spending money depends what you like to do and staying at the solaris its a lovely place with a good pool not far from anywhere and a cracking taverna across the road with good affordable food ( i.e the Lekkas taverns) have a great holiday and hope this is a little help

Edited: 7:34 am, February 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kassiopi
Recent Conversations