We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Corfu - early May

Which Kassiopi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Home counties
reviews: 15
First time to Corfu - early May

I'm planning a week in Corfu at the beginning of May and would like suggestions as to the best place to stay. I'm travelling with my daughters and intend to book a 2 bedroom villa with private pool. I'm happy to hire a car but don't want to be more than an hour's drive from the airport. I think I've narrowed the area to look at down to Kassiopi, Ag Stefanos E and Kalami but wanted advice on restaurants/tavernas. I'm happy to pay for quality local food rather than cheap tourist food. No need for night life other than that. Also internet sites and villa recommendations would be much appreciated.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 18
1. Re: First time to Corfu - early May

Interesting comment Jahoney - by defiinition, quality local food should actually be the cheapest. You will be in an area where prices vary wildly according to the clientele. As in every country, for the very best dishes, ask where the locals eat.

Steve

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
reviews: 35
2. Re: First time to Corfu - early May

Ag. Stefanos NE is an upmarket destination and priced accordingly, but we have had fabulous food in the tavernas there. Similarly the three tavernas in Agni Bay - fantastic food, at a price, and you may find yourself rubbing shoulders with a British celeb or politician, that's why this area is known as Kensington-on-Sea, and the Rothschild's estate is nearby! According to your tastes you may find this prospect either attractive or appalling...

For villas, try the Agni travel website www.agnitravel.com/travel/Corfu/index.asp

If cost is not an issue, CV Villas have an upmarket and expensive selection (and a clientele that includes above-mentioned celebs etc).

3. Re: First time to Corfu - early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, March 17, 2014
Edited: 2:05 pm, March 17, 2014
4. Re: First time to Corfu - early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kassiopi