We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I visit and stay?

Which Scicli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle Under Lyme
Where should I visit and stay?

Hello, I'm a woman who's gonna travel alone Sicily;lovely island during this Christmas for 7 days! I'm really looking forward to visit this island but, I have no clue at all! The only thing that I know is just names of several big cities in the island such as Palermo, Catania and Siracusa. The important thing is that I must book hostels before I leave UK....I'd like to stay in historical cities but at the same time, I really want to stay in rural areas where we can call the place as 'Sicily'! On top of that, it would be better to have three bases because I have only 7days from 22th Dec till 28th. Would you please give me some useful information about traveling Sicily ? :D And it will be very helpful if you recommend something to do in there especially at CHRISTMAS!

Edited: 4:28 am, November 30, 2010
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
1. Re: Where should I visit and stay?

Welcome to Sicily Gyuwon!

Where will you arrive and depart in Sicily – Catania, Palermo, Trapani???

Will you hire a car?

If you plan to stay in rural areas, you might consider hiring a car. However, you could still stay in less touristy authentic towns like Nicolosi, Modica, Trapani, or Ragusa and still use public transport.

December 25th and 26th are national holidays, so public transport will run on a Sunday, or holiday schedule (Domenica or festivo).

Use public transport if you decide to stay in Sicily’s larger cities like Palermo or Catania.

Lol Hostel Siracusa would be a good option in Siracusa.

http://www.lolhostel.com/

The Michelin Green Guide ranks destinations, and may help you gauge which destinations would be the most significant to see.

This earlier thread offers information about Sicily with links to online guidebooks and photos.

Sicily.How many days?:

tripadvisor.com/…29842676

If you were to enter “Christmas”, “December” or Winter” in the Search box (and sort by date), you would retrieve many earlier threads discussing Christmas in Sicily.

You might also enjoy reading Alia’s wonderful trip report about her solo holiday to Sicily at Christmas.

Two weeks in Wonderland – Sicily trip report:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k3372…

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

2. Re: Where should I visit and stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 30, 2011