We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Hi Beautiful ppl,

I am planning my Honey Moon trip this Nov end.

I guess, choosing the correct Hotel in samui is the toughest task ever. :)

Depending on my priorities and budget I have short listed Chaweng Regent and Samui Resotel ( I can save few thousands bucks with Samui Resotel though).

Can anyone help in choosing one of them.Like if anyone have stayed here or know about these places.

It will be of great help .

Thanks in advance !!

Adi

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
1. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Hi

Both hotels are on the same beach but at different end of Chaweng.

Samui Resotel is much, much newer than the Regent.

Chaweng Regent is in the busy, busy, busy part of Chaweng, Samui Resotel is in the much quieter end of the 5km beach.

Samui Resotel is on the nicer bit of Chaweng beach, whilst the Regent is on the shallower lagoon area.

Not sure what you mean about << save few thousands bucks >> as a buck to me is a male deer.

You could read the reviews on TA

Samui Resotel --> tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g2539242-d122…

Chaweng Regeng --> tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g676072-d3156…

November is a time of year when the winds are changing and it can mean more rain.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
2. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Hi

As stated by TM you chose the hotel that opposite end of the beach. The Samui resotel on south chaweng beach are newer with the pool on deck and very modern.

Chaweng regent in north towards central of chaweng beach, might be old but have refurbished but not on the best stretchy if beach hustle and bustle everything on your door steps. The properties are beautiful with garden and swimming pool. Its has Thai feels more tropicals to it than Samui resotel.

Hyderabad, India
3. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Thanks Guys...

TravellingMitch - "Bucks" - I was referring to Money :)

I wanted to know, how far is Samui resotel from happening areas? I like parting and my fiance likes shopping, would be probably be going to main chaweng area often . Wanted to try Ark bar as well.

Is the area new Samui Resotel is too isolated?

Also, which Hotel is better in service? I read through travelers responses for both the hotels...and I am confused since both looks good :P

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
4. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

From samui resotel to central ( party nightlife) is probably 20-25mins walk short songtheaw rides. You will find shops restaurants bars both on beach and on the main chaweng beach road in 300meters radius.

Chaweng regent is only 5mins walk to ark bar both on beach or main road.

New Zealand
reviews: 21
5. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Hi Adi

We have stayed at the Regent and also just next door to the Resotel.

From what you describe of yourselves I would go for The Regent as it is just that much easier to stroll down to ark bar and the busier shopping area in 1-5 mins without bothering with getting a ride.

But the beach at the Resotel is far superior than the Regent. In saying that when we stayed at the Regent we just ambled a few minutes towards Ark bar to swim or used the great swim up bar and pool at the regent.

I guess it depends on deciding if the beach is the most important aspect and saving a few bucks lol (my lingo 2).

Or if you want to be in the thick of happening things.

Even though the Regent is in a busy area it is very tranquil inside the hotel grounds.

Good luck deciding or toss a coin :)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
6. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

You have to decide if you want to save money and stay at a nicer beach or pay more but are nearer Central Chaweng. the Resotel isn't isolated it's just further along the road from the Regent.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
7. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

LOL, it is a bit further than further along the road!!

Samui Resotel is not isolated, but given what you want to see and do I would opt for the Regent.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
8. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Chaweng regent to Samui resortel is approximaly 3km from each others. Not sure if we can called that down the road lol...

Hyderabad, India
9. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Thanks a ton guys ..for your help :)

I am still confused since its on my plate now LOL ...i understand what you all want to tellme though.

Do you guys have any idea about the services and quality of stay these two hotels offer...Which one is better?

Edited: 4:02 pm, August 27, 2013
Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
10. Re: Chaweng Regent OR Samui Resotel

Why don't you read the reviews (just click on the links provided in post 1!)

Then you can see which one ticks the boxes and then decide which is best for you!

We can only tell you which is best for us!

Edited: 4:14 pm, August 27, 2013