We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Truemove 3G - anyone who has tried It ?

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sweden
reviews: 4
Truemove 3G - anyone who has tried It ?

They are selling It as unlimited surfing. Does that mean unlimited or like most companies they will lower the speed after fex 3GB usage ? And the coverage Is good everywhere In the Chaweng/Lamai area ?

Thx In advance !

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 53
1. Re: Truemove 3G - anyone who has tried It ?

Hi

Most hotel, bars and restaurant have wifi to use for free. We just got back a couple of weeks ago and only use wifi.

Chiang Klang...
2. Re: Truemove 3G - anyone who has tried It ?

Can't tell you about coverage, but yes they do reduce the speed but I've had no cause for complaint and use it fairly often.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
reviews: 62
3. Re: Truemove 3G - anyone who has tried It ?

hi guys

if you are in a hotel thats close to the main road [most places ]

there are adsl lines ,and now fibre optic

depending which hotel will depend the company that they use for their internet service

myself use AIS for my wifi and i do not have any direct line connection

most services offer the same/similar packages

true move i believe is unlimited on the 2 g network after the 3g package expires

AIS works the similar system

3BB have other options

really depends what you need the internet for

as on samui we only got 3G network last year and we have survived quite well without it for 10 plus years

cheers

Dean cleeton

4. Re: Truemove 3G - anyone who has tried It ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 27, 2014