We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandaburi resort

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 3
Kandaburi resort

Booked to go to the kandaburi at the end of August and am concerned about the bad reviews especially the hillside rooms which we are booked into.the food rooms and service read disappointing.we have been looking forward to this trip and booked it as a package deal but now don't know what to expect.should we consider an move to beachside rooms.can anyone advise.

11 replies to this topic
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
1. Re: Kandaburi resort

Hi

I have not seen the reviews but I do belived the reviews is personal opinions. Some people seem to find faults at anything and everything and never happy. However if the reviews consisted of the same problem from various of guests/the reviewers then I will worry about.

If it's worry you too much could you ask your agent to change the hotel for you? You might have to pay amendment fee for changing it. Or otherwise wait until you get there and needed be then perhaps up grade to the beach side.

If the problem with rooms, services and food is true then is does not matter which side you are at as they both side use the same mangement and kitchen one would think!!!!

Sorry can't be help much

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Kandaburi resort

Just got back from 10 nights at the Kandaburi in a hillside room, very nice place . Breakfast was excellent , had dinner there once seafood buffet was very good .. Hillside pool was less crowded then beach pool .service was good .resort was very clean . Room was very big .would stay there again. We ate most of the time at 2 restaurants next door, the dusk and Choice both excellent.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Kandaburi resort

Thank you for reviews go Next Thursday and can't wait.have been doing alot of research into things to do and places to eat.Hope weather is good as it is terrible here .

UK
reviews: 6
4. Re: Kandaburi resort

Hi, how did you find kadaburi during your stay as i am thinking of booking?

Manchester, United...
reviews: 41
5. Re: Kandaburi resort

Stayed at Kandaburi last September enjoyed our holiday we were in the hillside.The bathroom and bedroom are quite spacious the only downside there is a curtain in the bathroom rather than a door no problem for us though.The breakfasts were fine and the staff quite friendly.The pool in the hillside is good as its quieter if you want to read or listen to your ipod with very few distractions.The gardens of the hotel are stunning and the beach area is nice. Chaweng is about a 15 minute walk along the beach to the centre of Chaweng.

Enjoy your holiday we had a great time

UK
reviews: 6
6. Re: Kandaburi resort

Thank you

chester
reviews: 24
7. Re: Kandaburi resort

Hi hope you can help.

I have just been quoted for the kandaburi and wanted to check the hillside rooms were ok?

What are the views of? Also is it far to the beach side pool and beach etc, restaurant etc?

We are travelling with 2children from the uk, so I want to check everything before we go.

We have also been quoted for the bandara in bophut so can't decide between the 2.

Thanks for your help x

Port Talbot
reviews: 2
8. Re: Kandaburi resort

Would definitely use Kandaburi with 2 children as the surrounding area of the bop hut hotel is quite expensive compared to Chaweng

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
9. Re: Kandaburi resort

Well judging by what people posted here they enjoyed their stay there so I doubt you'll have a problem, if you haven't already done so check out the reviews for the Bandara in the hotel section then decide.

chester
reviews: 24
10. Re: Kandaburi resort

Hi. Ive booked for the kandaburi hotel in May. Ive read reviews but i would take them with a pinch of salt. Some people just moan its part iof their everyday routine lol. They pick faults in stupid little things. I read one review that said was extremely disappointed that there werent toothbrushes in the room! Have you ever heard such nonsense in all your life! Ive been to lots of hotels and have found most reviews are just an opinion. What makes me laugh is most people moaning are the ones who think the money they are paying would actually get them to the height of luxury and expect 5 star when they havent paid 5 star prices. I say if a hotel has at least 3.5/4 out of 5 on trip advisor just go! Hope your holiday was amazing. Would love info for when we go in May xx

Reply to: Kandaburi resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted