We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng Resorts - which have organised sports activities

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 2
Chaweng Resorts - which have organised sports activities

I am looking at visiting Koh Samui sometime b/w feb and March

2010. Looking to stay at moderate size resort that provides daily activities and also has evening entertainment of some description

I have limited knowledge on what would be best place to stay. We like to relax around the pool, also get involved with organised watersports either pool games, or beach games. We would like to be within short walking distance to Chaweng township.

Do Centara or Chaweng Regent cater for this sort of thing.

Sight seeing - what do people do when they visit Koh Samui, how long would you recommend staying from your experience ?

Also what is the weather like at this time of year Feb/March

Thank you for your assistance ?

regards

Laura

Australia
reviews: 5
1. Re: Chaweng Resorts - which have organised sports activities

Hey Laura,

Just back from 6 nights at Centara. It was great! More towards the "large" resort however not really moderate.

We actually were out quite a bit so not sure about entertainment at night, I think they had thai dancers one night and held a different buffet dinner each night (i.e Thai/Italian/Seafood etc).

The pool is a really good size, and they have lots of deck chairs, so we had no issue wandering down at midday and finding one. We hired a windsurf from them for a few hours, they also have kayaks I believe. They hold activites in the pool on an hourly basis (volleyball/pool aerobics etc). they also have a great little library (with the latest mags) and pool table you can utilise no cost.

Sightseeing - we went for a day trip to the Ang Thong Marine Park which was great - majority of the tours cost about 2000 Baht pp and include Lunch. We went on the speedboat one which was well worth doing.

We did not hire a scooter or car, however just read up on these prior to doing so, as they are everywhere, so make sure you get a legit person! you can drive around the island fairly easily and see the other beaches.

We stayed 6 nights and had been doing some travelling beforehand, so really just wanted to chill on the beach (gorgeous by the way) and hang by the pool so limited our sightseeing.

Not sure about the weather? We left a week or so ago and the locals told us the wet season was on its way?

The Centara is a great location, lots of cheap eateries and bars on your doorstep (much cheaper than the Hotel too!). Try Crystals Restaurant if you go.. fab food and a total bargain... sorry no idea of the street!

Let me know if you would like osme more info..

Australia
reviews: 2
2. Re: Chaweng Resorts - which have organised sports activities

Thanks for your post, sounds like you had a great time at the resort and around Koh Samui. Centara does look nice on the web to sounds like its in a very good location and also close to good eateries.

3. Re: Chaweng Resorts - which have organised sports activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 03, 2010