We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

Which Treasure Cay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Ohio
reviews: 3
Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

Hello

Planning a vaction for July of 2012 through Global Vac. One of the spots I am looking at is Treasure Cay Resort and Marina..

Traveling with 5 others all ages between 30-35. We do not need a huge nightlife but would like some beach bars or entertainment of some kind.

From what I can tell beaches look great and def. things to keep entertained during the day and exploring..

Looking for opinions, suggestions, ideas etc.. this is only resort through Global on Abaco so no need to suggest somehwere else... but let me know if place is a dump!

thanks to all who reply!

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
reviews: 2
1. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

My husband, 22 year old daughter & I just returned from Treasure Cay Resort. Absolutely beautiful, extremely friendly staff, very quiet. We arrived Monday morning and had to leave Friday morning. As far as bars, there is a great beach bar (Coco's) which was open only until around 5, (maybe because of the season), and one bar open by the marina (Tipsy Seagull) in the evenings. No pool table or video games. Just a ring & hook game that's simple & fun. They have some entertainment a few nights a week, and the atmosphere is great. 3-1/2 mile beach with only about 15 people on the whole stretch. We didn't travel outside of Treasure Cay, but didn't want to. There is grocery, liquor store, a couple small gift shops on site. You can rent a golf cart & explore the area which is great too. "A truly relaxed way of life" is a perfect slogan, but our 22 yr old was never bored. Very safe area as well. I think the summer is busier. We're ready to go back!

Greenville, Ohio
reviews: 41
2. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

We are going to Treasure Cay in April. Will let you know when we get home. We are going via Global, too....

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 25
3. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

Traveling to Treasure Cay with Global in April as well. Looking into what area has to offer. We are snorkelers and it looks some of the outer islands have great snorkeling with easy access via ferry. Island looks very interesting just hope weather in April will be OK.

Greenville, Ohio
4. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

The HARD part is getting there without having to deal with the RIP OFF overnights the airlines have been increasingly forcing travelers into. I hear you do not want to stay in funky Nassau as it entails removing luggage - going through customs and then doing it again in Treasure Cay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

I agree. It looks like for us, an overnite in Ft. Lauderdale is the most economical. Flights to Treasure Cay are quite expensive even just from Lauderdale. It is what it is. I find it hard to believe there isn't some small airline with a fleet of planes that can't make it work running to out Islands. When in Belize a small plane can take you to the Cays for $100 rd trip/prsn. Have done that several times. If they want to build their tourism, this would be a great start. Still looking forward to our stay.

Greenville, Ohio
6. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

We will also be flying out of CVG but are looking at the flight to DC/Miami/TCB . No overnight. You DO have a 12 hour day and a 9 hour day. What days are you flying?

Cincinnati, Ohio
7. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

We are flying into FLL from DAY day before. Spending night in FLL on both ends of trip. Have booked direct flight from FLL to TCB both Saturdays. Haven't booked the DAY/FLL portion as yet. Looking into using points/rewards for that part. We are probably flying thru ATL with not bad times. But, we will be in FLL for one day on each end of trip.

Traveling to TCB I looked at Miami and Nassau. They really didn't offer any good times and from Lauderdale I have n/s flights. Just looked like a better option. We will be at resort 4/7-4/14.

Chicago
reviews: 6
8. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

We are looking at this property for next winter. I saw a few people mention that they are going via Global Discovery Vacations. My husband and I just purchased a membership and this would be our first trip with them.

Any insight from those who mentioned Global in their posts???

Greenville, Ohio
9. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

Be watching here at the end of April and I will have posted an extensive report.

Cincinnati, Ohio
10. Re: Treasure Cay Resort and Marina and surroundings

We have used Global for quite a few years. It is a great program as you only pay when you use it. There have been several years we haven't gone anywhere with them and you don't pay the annual fee. They have always been very easy to work with and usually get us to one of our requested destinations. The resorts have always been very satisfactory. Their phone representative for the caribbean (Lisa) is awesome. Always calls you back when you request. We own other time shares but Global is one of the best we have used.

Going to treasure cay early April. I will post our experience there. We have never been there. Hopefully weather will cooperate that early in year.

Get answers to your questions about Treasure Cay