We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 37
looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Sounds fantastic - private house, pool, chef, groundskeeper and bartender - what's not to like? I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this and specifically in the Playa Ocotal area with http://costaricavillas.com/ Many thanks for any comments.

18 replies to this topic
Tamarindo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste, Santa Cruz
reviews: 1
1. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Nice to hear this idea about all-inclusive villas being talked about so much. It is actually not so different than a regular vacation villa, just add a bartender and cook. Another option would be discounts at a local restaurant.

Actually, Tamarindo is not far from having several property managers offering this option. Just found out today that one of them is going to be offering the services of a former chef from the 4-seasons as the cook or catering service. Wow!

Edited: 9:41 pm, July 13, 2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

It is a good option...and it works...

roadadvisor

3. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:54 am, December 16, 2010
Edited: 8:54 am, December 16, 2010

chicago, il
reviews: 8
4. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Me and my family will be staying at Villa Ocotal (all inclusive) Jan 15-22nd with 8 adults (30-65 years of age) and 9 kids (3mon - 10 years). We've been planning this trip for well over a year and we CAN'T WAIT to get there. We've heard nothing but good things about it. I'll post when I get back, feel free to check it all out online by googling "Villa Ocotal". I think the name of the company that rents the villas (3 bedroom up to 16 bedroom!) is name Barefoot Vacations or something like that. Get into contact with Pam or Doris who do all the booking. They are both awesome!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 17
5. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

It's been done at the Conchal condos, also Los Suenos condos for ages. I actually like it because the chef cooks what you want and goes to the supermarket for you.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 37
6. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Thanks for the feedback. We did go ahead and book our trip for March with costaricavillas.com and have found them to be wonderful to deal with. They provided us with references from previous guests and when I got in touch they had nothing but great things to say about the accommodation, the food and the staff. thertzler1, have a great time and please post back with your experiences. Pura Vida!

TravelCat_2010
7. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

I haven't spoken to anyone who has done the all inclusive in Ocotal, but know some people who stayed at a villa in the Papagayo Golf and Country Club that offers all inclusive services. You can basically choose if you want meals included or not. It is called Villa Seatar (Google it). The volcano views out at the golf course are breathtaking. It is about a 15 to 20 ride to the Papagayo beaches.

chicago, il
reviews: 8
8. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Hey Starfish! Aren't Pam and Doris really nice??? They are so quick to answer any question you could ever think of, and we've a ton. I actually started planning our vacation to Villa Ocotal back in Jan 2007! We tried every year to make it work but somebody in our group always had a conflict, until this year! We leave tomorrow and I couldnt be more excited (9 adults 30-65yrs and 8 kids 3mon-10yrs).

In case I forget, feel free to shoot me an note and I'll give you the full 411. Pura Vida!

SeaTac, Washington
9. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

Looking for your "411" how did the crowd manage such an amazing change of pace?

Iowa
reviews: 43
10. Re: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal

We will be staying in this area the first part of June. Has anyone done any scuba diving or know of a reputable scuba outfit?

Reply to: looking into the all inclusive villa idea - Playa Ocotal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Ocotal