We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on safari

Which Uda Walawe National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asan, South Korea
Need advice on safari

Hi all, I found a pre-bookable safari which costs $70 each (2 adults) and seems to include everything. Problem is they want payment up front via credit card and as mine was recently phished after using it online I have had to abandon that idea.

Not sure if it was OTT expensive as after hours of searching I still can't figure out the current proces are if you hire someone at the gate.

We will be there in February 2012. Any advice on costs/tips on hiring once we arrive (by car/driver) would be fabulous.

Thanks.

Negambo
reviews: 5
1. Re: Need advice on safari

Well i was there 4 weeks ago for the christmas time... it cost me Rs. 3500 for the jeep and and 1000+ for 2 (I'm a local). But its something close to Rs. 5200 for 2 foreigners. well in those terms.. its likely to cost you about $80 for 2. usually you give a tip to the guide and driver. all depends on whether you are happy with the service? i gave them 500 each. I'm a local.. may be you can give them little more ;)

Asan, South Korea
2. Re: Need advice on safari

Thanks Sarath. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

3. Re: Need advice on safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, December 14, 2013