We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Which Poipet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hampshire, uk
reviews: 6
Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Hi,

My friend and I arrive in Bangkok at 19:30 local time and want to get to Cambodia as quickly as possible so as not to waste any time. We can’t afford to fly so were going to get a bus over; we have recently heard about the possibility of getting a bus from the airport straight to the border at the Poipet crossing. I have searched forums but can’t find anything with any information?

Has anybody done this, as I was hoping we could travel overnight and then arrive at he border in the morning and not wasting even a single day? So to clarify; is this possible? How often does it travel? Is it expensive? and would you recommend a better/quicker way?

Many thanks in advance guys :)

10 replies to this topic
lewes uk
reviews: 98
1. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Hi,

I have taken this bus a few years ago, starts at Ekamai bus station and stops at the airport transport centre on the way to Arran. Then there were only a couple of services a day 08.30, 13.30 I think. With your arrival time your only option from the airport is going to be a taxi that evening. Possibly better to take the ARL into Bangkok stay the night and catch the 9am direct service from mo chit bus station the next morning.

Cheers

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
2. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Don't expect to get out of the airport before 10.30 - maybe it is better at night but the immigration queues are looong in the morning.

This (accurate?) http://wikitravel.org/en/Aranyaprathet says no buses at night.

Wyong, Australia
reviews: 34
3. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

A taxi from Bangkok, will get you to the Aranyaprathet/Poipet border crossing at around 4am.

The crossing doesn't open untill 8:00am.

canbypublications.com/cambodia/…Aran

hampshire, uk
4. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Thank you so much guys. Do you know roughly how much a taxi to the border crossing is?

What would you recommend then, as it seems we wont be able to get transport to the border until morning?

Would you suggest staying arounf the airport and getting transport to border in morning or staying in khao san road overnight and getting bus from there in the morning?

Thanks again but just stressing as we have such a limited amount of time and really want to make the most of all of it? :)

lewes uk
reviews: 98
5. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Hi,

A taxi should be around 2000B, varies and you may not find one willing to go there at that time. As has been mentioned, with a 19.30 arrival time, earliest out of the airport will be 20.30. There are plenty of inexpensive hotels close to Suvarnabumi - see this link: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-c136691/Bangk…

Then you could catch the bus in the morning, but I would think it's better to get the ARL into Bangkok and stay somewhere close to the BTS at Phaya Thai, Victory or Mo Chit and then either get one of the hourly buses to Arran or the new direct one - if they have seats - from there in the morning. I wouldn't arrange a bus to Cambodia from Khao San Road, that's for sure.

Cheers

Gosport, United...
6. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Stay overnight somewhere close to Hualamphong train station, and catch the 0555 3rd Class train to Aranryapraphet.

All the instructions are here...

http://www.seat61.com/Cambodia.htm#Siem Reap

The train ride is much better than the bus, will be one of the highlights of your trip, and only costs 48 bahts.

Here's a video, obviously you'd be going in the opposite direction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmV3nMsHEbw

hampshire, uk
7. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Thank you so much you guys are so lovely and have really helped. Thank you :)

8. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:51 am, September 09, 2013

9. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:51 am, September 09, 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 12
10. Re: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?

Leaving to poipet by taxi car from my hotel by suvarnabhumi bangkok airport tomorrow (thurs 06/27)around 10am. Anyone who wants to split the cost let me know. Im paying 2000 baht equals to about $65 Email: camboidian at hotmail dot com phone +669-0946-0103

Reply to: Getting into Poipet from the airport, is this possible?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted