We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

Which Cala'n Porter hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
reviews: 1
Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

Hi, we are travelling to Cala n Porter for the 1st time in August, and are staying in a Villa. We hope to be having many BBQ's and I love big prawns, steak maybe even a lobster!! Please could you tell me the best place would be to buy fresh fish and meats?? Also, after the BBQs we will be heading out looking for cocktails...any good cocktail bars that are recommended?!

Oh a daft question I know, but in general what is the weather like end of August beginning of September??

Thanks in advance :-)

Falkirk, United...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

The supermarkets in CnP are fairly well stocked with BBQ meats in the chillers but none of them have a butchers' counter. For fresh fish you would have to take a trip to the fish market in Mahon and, while you're there, the big market is just next door and has loads of butchers and fresh produce.

Aloha has a wonderful but lethal cocktail menu and most of the bars will do the usual cocktails, mojitos, daiquiris and such like.

Falkirk, United...
2. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

I forgot about the big supermarkets in the polygon just past the airport but I still think the fish market in Mahon is more fun. The fish are so fresh that they're still moving.

Preston, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

That's great thank you for your comments, really looking forward to a visit of the fish market!! ;-)

kent
4. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

Mahon fish market is brilliant-just time purchase and take a bag to hold ice to keep fresh in the heat. Sword fish steaks cut to size and prawns,crabs etc

Fresh meat market is 50 m away. Sant Lluis next village to CnP has a traditional butcher opposite the church. Spar in CnP sells Ses Tanques brand - which is the locally sourced meat -this is excellent quality and taste ,much better than anything I have tasted in UK for years.

Caroliner meant Poligno, The Binipreu supermarket on the Poligno (impossible to miss) has a fresh fish area and is a 15min drive away.

Edited: 12:01 pm, May 18, 2013
Falkirk, United...
5. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

Sorry Sandstroller this looks like tit for tat but it's my turn to correct you. The next village to CnP is Sant Climent .

kent
6. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

Huh? where did Sant Lluis come from ?- getting an early senior moment - more vitamins required :-) quite correct ,Sant Climent.

7. Re: Best place to buy fresh fish and meat for BBQ?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cala'n Porter
Recent Conversations