We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled guests

Which Puerto de Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, Gt...
reviews: 1
Disabled guests

Hi, looking at this hotel for end May14. Will it be good for someone with walking difficulties, wheel chair or madgemobile> and an 8 year old?

3 replies to this topic
Midlands
reviews: 10
1. Re: Disabled guests

I spend several months each year in the Puerto de Santiago and Los Gigantes area and frequently see disabled and infirm people struggling to get around. The entire are is extremely hilly and unless you are willing to stay largely within the confines of your hotel I would not recommend it. You don't specify but I guess the hotel you are considering is the Barceló from which there is a very steep hill up to the villages of Puerto de Santiago and Los Gigantes.

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 77
2. Re: Disabled guests

You will be better looking at the southern resorts of Los Cristianos/Las Americas where much has been developed for those who have mobility problems in mind.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Galway, Ireland
reviews: 21
3. Re: Disabled guests

I would agree with the 2 posters above. Los Gig/ P. Santiago is no place for the infirm. The hills are definitely a challenge for all but the super fit.

Reply to: Disabled guests
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Santiago