We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to pack ??

Which Puerto de Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ilford, Essex
reviews: 20
what to pack ??

This is our first family holiday over the winter and our first time in Tenerife.

I have no idea what to pack, we fly out on Dec 23rd for a week. Is the weather nice enough for swimwear / shorts during the day and dresses / short sleeved shirts in the evening ?

Thanks

up north
reviews: 1
1. Re: what to pack ??

shorts and swimwear hopefully during the day but long trousers and a cardi/jersey for at night would be a good idea.

Ireland, UK
reviews: 78
2. Re: what to pack ??

I always pack in the winter in Tenerife as if for a summer at home for during the day.

But as notatwney says bring a cardigan or jacket for night ,

Casual maxi dresses with a denim jacket are good for night too .

ilford, Essex
reviews: 20
3. Re: what to pack ??

Thank you . I will pack a usual summer wardrobe with a couple of cardi's x

Manchester, United...
reviews: 33
4. Re: what to pack ??

i'm there over new year again, and this year i'll be packing some fleeces, and some ankle boots and socks to go with jeans.

Last year the days were warm but some of the nights it went cold, not as cold as at home, but because the temp had been so warm during the day the drastic drop in temp made it feel cold.

We enjoy sitting outside and I remember sitting outside the marquee bar, in jeans, sandals, vest top and cardigan, and I was freezing, my feet were like ice.

Ended up on hot chocolate and brandy to warm us up, won't be caught out this year, will be prepared just incase.

5. Re: what to pack ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Santiago