We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

St. Catharines...
reviews: 25
Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from Bloubergstrand to V&A Cape Town ?

Also is there any other means of travelling to Cape Town from Bloubergstrand i.e. bus or train and how much do these cost if available ? Recommendations appreciated. Thanks Dave

11 replies to this topic
Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Hi there

Yes there is. We have the new My City Buses that runs from Table View to the City of Cape Town. Then from there you just change buses and head on to the Waterfront. You just have to find your way to get from your place to the bus stop. It is cheaper and more convenient than taking a taxi.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Table View, South...
reviews: 89
2. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

The main bus station is at Bay Side in Table View. From there to Cape Town is 5 rand. The feeder bus from Blouberg will also cost 5 rand and of course from the main station at the Civic Centre to the V&A will also cost, not sure how much as I have not done that route.

St. Catharines...
3. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Many thanks.

Dave

St. Catharines...
4. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Many thanks for your help. Dave

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 24
5. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

The MyCiti is now a cashless system and you will have to purchase a card(R22) and then load money onto it. You then tap the card when you enter the buss or station and tap when you exit and it deducts the amount from your card. From what I understand the fare will not be more than R10 from Bloubergstrand to V&A as that is the max. fee even thought the shorter fees are more if added together. It is capped at R10. so long as you stay on the bus or change at the bus interchanges.

You can sell the car back to the City if you have the proof of receipt!!!!

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 24
6. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

The MyCiti is now a cashless system and you will have to purchase a card(R22) and then load money onto it. You then tap the card when you enter the buss or station and tap when you exit and it deducts the amount from your card. From what I understand the fare will not be more than R10 from Bloubergstrand to V&A as that is the max. fee even thought the shorter fees are more if added together. It is capped at R10. so long as you stay on the bus or change at the bus interchanges.

You can sell the card back to the City if you have the proof of receipt!!!!

The Airport route has a different fee structure and is R53 to the city interchange. This fee can be paid in Cash!!!

I have seen the new bus stops being built on the way to Table Mountain and Camps Bay so the bus should be operating in these areas soon

St. Catharines...
7. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Many thanks for the info.

St. Catharines...
8. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Many thanks for the info.

Dave

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 16
9. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Sorry guys how far is it from Capetown its self we plan to hire a car but would rather walk if possible!! Thank you

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
10. Re: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town

Hi Madison

Not within walking distance from the Center of Cape Town. It will be a 10min drive with your rental to the City from Table View.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Reply to: Travel from Bloubergstrand to V&A Waterfront Cape Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bloubergstrand