We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

Which Llucmajor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
galway
reviews: 55
A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

We are staying in Club Pi Cala Pi and I have a few questions if anyone out there.

1. Are there any excursions eg boat trips etc.

2. Any shopping or would we have to go into Palma. And if so is there a local bus service as we are already paying for transfers. Ithere a local market in region to pick up some bits n bobs.

3. Can we see the Champions league anywhere next week. Tues/Wed.

4. To get an idea of cost of living in area so as to know how much we need to bring what is the cost of a bottle of red wine in a restaurant.

Appreciate all your help

6 replies to this topic
Palma de Mallorca...
1. Re: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

Here's what I can offer:

1. Not from Cala Pi, but possibly from Colonia Sant Jordi. Otherwise, most boat excursions will be going from Palma, Port de Andratx, Soller, Port de Pollenca, Alcudio, Cala Ratjada, Cala Millor, Cala d'Or.

2. There is grocery shopping in virtually every town. Not sure about Cala Pi, but certainly there is something.. Llucmayor has Mercadona and Eroski (normal "no-tourist" prices) and so does Campos and Colonia Sant Jordi.

If you mean clothing or luxury items, Palma has the most choices, but there are many different shopping centres around. Any major town has a shopping district, and any major tourist resort has something. Check out "Festival Park" for some good values.

Transport:

There is bus service from Cala Pi to Palma, buses and trains to almost anywhere on the island.

3. Hmm. Need to find a British pub. Unlikely in Cala Pi, but check with your hotel. Maybe...

4. Bottle of red wine in a supermarket will range from €1 (cheap cheap!) to unlimited for the best of the best. Average for a decent tempranillo or Crianza in a restaurant is about €3 - €8. Other liquor prices will a little cheaper than the UK. Food prices too.

galway
2. Re: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

Thanks so much for your speedy response. We loo forward to exploring the area and we love a browse around a Mercadona. Sorry I asked aou he wine now as my poor liver would never cope.

galway
3. Re: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

The keys on my laptop new laptop i might add are sticking bigtime so sorry for typos

wirral
reviews: 74
4. Re: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

There is a small local unbranded supermarket in Cala Pi and a handful of restaurants and bars.As Real Madrid and Barcelona are in Champions League semis it is sure to be on TV in local bars.I spotted an interesting Greek-type taverna opposite the long flight of steps that leads down to the beach and their menu looked appealing (though not traditionally Mallorquin!)

The cove beach is gorgeous! So picturesque but lugging my 17 stones up the steps afterwards was a lung buster.I had been told about Cala Pi years ago as a desirable yacht mooring but I didn't visit until 6 montha ago.Oh what I had missed.If I remember correctly Club Pi is the hotel to the right of the steps down to the beach.Lovely spot.Wish it was me.It is going to be Sleepsville at this time of year.Not sure about the winter timetable for the buses either.

galway
5. Re: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

I was hoping the football was on. Just back fom FA cup semi liverpool v everton. Would hate to miss penultimate champions league match. Not really bothered about local cuisine. A nice piece of fish/steak will do nicely. Even an omelette. Not the fussy type. Will defo go down the steps daily if only for the exercise. Also will be praying weather ok as we are aware its early in season. But we will be prepared for all eventualities

lincolnsgire
reviews: 4
6. Re: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday

Has anyone been recently to Ola Club Maoris, Llucmajor? Just booked a sneaky week end of September, but cant seem to find much info. Thank you

Reply to: A few Questions before we head off on Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Llucmajor