We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

Which Vilanova i la Geltru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galway
reviews: 1
Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

Hi,

We are a family of four (children aged 13 and 9) and staying in Vilanova park next Wednesday for 2 weeks. We are looking forward to the holiday very much and have been reading up a lot on this forum.Some great advice about where to eat in the town and the beach etc. We are considering 2 or 3 trips to Barcelona during our stay. What I would like to know is what is the cheapest train ticket to get. I understand it is in zone 4 and the t10 costs €35.65.Is this my best option or are there better reductions for children.I know there are buses available and cheaper which would not bother me but the heat on the bus would probably kill us.

I also might visit Tarragona if I get most of my sightseeing of Barcelona done in 2 days. I hear it is amazing too. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks Declan

8 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 8
1. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

I've just been through similar transport planning and arrived in Vilanova today. The T10 is integrated so includes metro/bus to your final destination. Depending on your planned movements, you could also consider a 4 zone bonotren ticket for 27.55 and top up with a zone 1 T10 for 10.30 where needed. That's what we are doing. The bonotren's also good for your airport transfers if you don't"t need additional buses/metro.

Galway
2. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

Thanks a million for that. Will follow your advice.I presume that the bonotren ticket ends in Sants station and cannot use it to go further on metro like Liceau or Parralel stations.

Cheers Declan

London
reviews: 8
3. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

The bonotren goes to Passieg de Gracia, which is central, near Casa Battlo and (according to Google maps) about 20 mins walk from Sagrada Familia. (It does go to Sants too, but that's out of the way.) You're right, there's no onward journey with the bonotren.

If you fancy some time in Sitges too, a bonotren for there from Vilanova is just 8.95.

Galway
4. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

Passieg de Gracia is definitely more central and easier to get to most of main sites from.Barelona Sants had been mentioned on earlier threads and was where I was planning from so saved me a lot of hassle.Thanks again for the help. Enjoy your holidays.

Declan

Vilanova i la Geltru
reviews: 41
5. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

The train actually stops at 3 stations in Barcelona, these being Estacio Sants, Estacio Passeig de Gracia and Estacio Franca. Sants is good if you want to visit Placa Espana, the old bull ring, Montjuic, the dancing fountains and the Western side of Barcelona. Passeig de Gracia is the central one near Placa Catalunya, Las Ramblas, Gothic area etc. and Franca is good for the zoo, chocolate factory, El Born, Barcelonetta, Port Vell etc. Going home to Vilanova, the train originates at Franca so going, you could get off at Passeig de Gracia and then plan your route of the day to end up at Franca for your journey home.

uk
reviews: 12
6. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

HI there (and thanks VPS)

Looking at the website, as a couple we want to buy a T10 as it will cover us for 2 trips to Barcleona and then for our transfers back to the airport (coming in we arrive after midnight so have arranged a transfer).

I think a T10 for zone 4 @ 35.65 euros covers this. Is that correct or am I missing something. Sorry to be a pain but I found the website slightly confusing.

Many thanks

Martin

Vilanova i la Geltru
reviews: 41
7. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

Hi Martin

It is very unclear if you can use a T10 to the airport from VNG. Looking at the zones, it seems possible but sometimes they have different rules about airport transport. I have contacted them virtually for an answer but it is just an automated answer which doesn't make things any clearer. so we need someone who has tried/done it to tell us what happened or maybe someone with the intention of doing it can ask at the train station when buying the ticket?

Yvette

uk
reviews: 12
8. Re: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday

Hi there,

I think I will buy the T10 and try it. I will get back to you when I return and let you know.

Thanks

Martin

Reply to: Vilanova i la Geltru 2 week holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted