We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

Which Cala Galdana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
reviews: 1
Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

Hi

My husband and I and thinking about our first trip to Mencora this year (30's) and we're debating the resort of Cala Galdana. It sounds beautiful in terms of location and the stunning beach, but our only slight concern is are there enough restaurants for 2 weeks?

I've looked on various websites and read through various forums but can't seem to find the answer I'm after, so thought I would ask myself :)

We're not party animals by any means, but enjoy going out in the evenings for a few drinks and a nice meal and as the resort comes across as being quite small I just wanted to ensure we'd have enough choice.

Thanks in advance for any advice

kent
1. Re: Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

Off the top of my head there are about 10 or so restaurants in GC. 3-5 being of better quality. All resorts on Menorca are relatively small ( Galdana is large for Menorca ! ) and all the more beautiful for it :-) I think this forum lists them all somewhere pretty much

Jen

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

There are 3 large hotels which offer food too, although i haven't eaten in any of them. There is enough restaurants to cover a 2 week stay you can also eat in Mahon or Ciudadella in day time which have some great places to eat. Cala Galdana is a great resort in which to relax and watch the world go by, it is small but its just right and not to busy. The beach is fab but this can be very busy as its a very popular beach with the locals,spanish and british that go there as well as other nationalities.

London, United...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

It's a great place to spend your hols. Lovely beaches and great weather. But not a place for anything special food wise. We had an apartment and cooked mostly and went out for drinks and deserts from time to time. You can get good food but you'll need a car. That said we are going again this year as it's a nice and chilled out place but we will be getting a car to venture out for some fine dining.

Birmingham
reviews: 5
4. Re: Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

We have visited Galdana twice and have found the food better than other resorts where we have holidayed on the island (Cala'n Bosch and Son Bou). Have had lovely meals in several restaurants there...personal favourites are Sa Lluna, Es Barranc and Meson Murciano, but we have also had good meals in others too. Have also had recommendations for Cala Mitjana restaurant if you want something a little more fancy, but have not tried it as nothing on the menu appealed to my children. With regards the number of restaurants/cafes there...we just about counted 14 in total last time we were there in 2011.

kent
5. Re: Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

yes CG is bit classier and has residents so food at the places mentioned above is better than average.

6. Re: Size of Resort/Number of Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cala Galdana
Recent Conversations