We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sewage dumping in sea

Which Golf del Sur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amersham, United...
reviews: 5
Sewage dumping in sea

Hi, my first time posting a message so please bear with me.

We have been staying in golf del sur for the last 3+ weeks and really enjoyed crabbing outside our apt until we noticed a brown slick in the sea near the shore about two weeks ago covering the area from los abrigos to the marina. The brown stuff seems to be constant and now on the rocks and smelly. The last time we crabbed, we saw bits of brown stuff that looks like poo in our bucket. Since we have a five years old and his number one hobby is crabbing, we naturally enquired and a resident told us that a hotel is dumping raw sewage in the sea. We have not crabbed locally since. Such a pity as it is so lovely where we are staying. Can anyone shed any light regarding this please? Thanks.

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 8
11. Re: Sewage dumping in sea

This has been going on for years in the Golf and the smell has been getting worse for years to. i have seen many times them pumping the drainage system next to volcanic islands and the smell unbearable that times.

Enjoy

Cavan, Ireland
reviews: 42
12. Re: Sewage dumping in sea

it is my understanding that they have built a new sewerage station somewhere down past the palms /pebble beach area some year ago and then done nothing as regards commissioning it ..Anyone able to shed any more info. on this .. and why dont all the local restaurants/ hotels etc. mount a campaign against this awful smell .. surely they should report it to the competent EU authority..because it surely must contravene some regulations ..

north east
reviews: 17
13. Re: Sewage dumping in sea

Is inhaling this smell dangerous?

Tenerife, Spain
reviews: 8
14. Re: Sewage dumping in sea

Not sure North east but it very bad like some one throwing on you in the toon (toon lad myself) lol

15. Re: Sewage dumping in sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur