We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun beds

Which Arenal d'en Castell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eastbourne, United...
reviews: 2
Sun beds

We are off to Arenal d'en Castell at the end of July, have read about the sunbed/umbrella hire being very expensive on the beach . There are four of us and 2 of us certainly too old for laying on the beach and also cannot do without an umbrella/s. Is there a local shop that sell sunbeds and umbrellas at a resonable price ?

YORKSHIRE
1. Re: Sun beds

Yes jovimar and similar stores on island will sort you out but have you transport to collect them

Eastbourne, United...
2. Re: Sun beds

Where is the nearest of these stores to Arenal d'en Castell ? I was hoping one of the local shops might sell them

Doncaster, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Sun beds

Above the beach there are a couple of shops, one a spar shop the other a gift type shop that sells all types of beach equipment. You should be able to get what you need here

kent
4. Re: Sun beds

Mostly the local resort shops only will have a umbrella of varying quality (never seen any loungers , good or otherwise ) As said above you need to a hypermarket /Jovimar shop in Mahon. You might like to consider taking something foldable with you?

Edited: 2:42 am, July 10, 2013
Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
reviews: 38
5. Re: Sun beds

You can usually buy white folding plastic "prop you up into a sitting position" beach seat thingys (same sort of angle as a traditional folding beach chair without the height) in resort shops on the island but you still need to be able to get down to sand level to sit on them!!!

Edited: 3:26 am, July 10, 2013
Eastbourne, United...
6. Re: Sun beds

Thanks for the reply, do you know if these are something sold in Arenal or if something we would have to go to Mahon for ?

Eastbourne, United...
7. Re: Sun beds

Meant to ask also does anyone know what the charges are for sunbeds /umbrella's on Arenal's beach this summer ?

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
reviews: 38
8. Re: Sun beds

Davis do you mean the folding sand seat things? I have seen them in shops in the resorts all over the island HOWEVER I have not been into the shops in this resort so have no idea if they do or do not stock them but my guess is that they will.

Stafford, United...
9. Re: Sun beds

Yes the 'prop up' sand seats are in a few places but vary in quality- As said you need mobility to get down and up though :-)

I use them a lot :-)

Selkirk, United...
reviews: 13
10. Re: Sun beds

Hi,I think it was 5 euros per sunbed and parasol on the beach, I remember because moaned about paying for the 3 of us!

Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell