We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Which Ozdere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
reviews: 66
Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Well I wish you could see the dramatic storm right now!! It is so windy and we have had thunder and now torrential rain ! The poor people of Ozdere have no power but luckily the hotel has power I assume via emergency generators!

Aydin one of the waiters said a storm was brewing yesterday and coming over from Greece!

Not sure my brolly would be any good out there right now!! lol

notts
reviews: 51
11. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Hi Ann,

Looks like we left just in time!!! we had 14 days of lovely sunny weather,but it did this in Antalya area at exactly the same time of year last year!!!!! Had a good flight home, arrived to cool damp weather!!!Izmir airport is quite good and you can keep your drinks right till the last gate!!!!! Loved the Sultan and all the staff. Enjoy the rest of your stay!!! Jean

Plymouth
reviews: 22
12. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Hi Ann,

Hope the weather has settled now and you get a nice day tomorrow. I would be more than happy with Absolut vodka (you know me). I think I will keep this hotel on the list for when kids have left home (one day)!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and hope your feeling better?

xx

Edited: 3:28 pm, October 09, 2011
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
13. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Hi Sunnydaysarehere,

No such luck, it is more of the same for us, it was lashing it down all night and thunder and lightening again earlier this morning!! It is set to be like this until Wednesday so we have had the last of the sun!

The hotel would be great for your family with small children even now!

Yes Absolut has been good and the Balantines for me! xx

Sunqueen, yes you went just before this awful weather started and I have just said I hope we do not have to fly home during a storm.Our plane toTunisia several years ago was struck with lightening, we set off from Birmingham and had to land in Manchester but had to circle the airport to burn off fuel before landing !!

It is still very warm here and we could think of worst places to be !!.We had a late night last night but I still woke well before 7am and so I watched the storm again this morning!xx

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
14. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Hi Carrie,

Yes I will contact you when we get back home, we are staying at the Barut Lara for two weeks again and our son will be with us! I bet your two are all grown up now !

It will be lovely to catch up! xx

Hope the Canada hotel has escaped all this awful weather and hope you have had a good season!!

Kent
reviews: 13
15. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Enjoy your last few days ann, as you say, the weather here is pretty grim at the moment, so make the most of it

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
16. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Thanks Wendy,

The sun is trying to break through but forecast is pretty bleak!

We can still enjoy everything the hotel offers in the cupboard!!!

We have to have the air con on because it is still hot ! x

Godalming, United...
reviews: 28
17. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the info.As you say,The Pasha sounds good for next Autumn when Daughter dear has 'flown the coop'! I must admit that it sounds very nice there.I smiled at your comment about Andrew,they still miss home and us eh?

It will be awful if you have to spend an extra day there with the TC cabin crew strike !!!!!

In truth,you are perhaps ready to come home to Andrew too!

Enjoy your last couple of days Ann,I look forward to your review!

Have a safe trip home

Love,

Pat x

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
18. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

Hi Pat,

I think we could manage another day or two but yes we are looking forward to seeing our son. We have him with us for 2 weeks next Easter at the Barut Lara..

Yes you should come as a couple and have a terrace Suite and be spoilt and it has helped us with the wrench of him going to Uni !!

Your favourite tipple is here but come with an extra charge !!

Regards Ann x

19. Re: Mega storm right now here in Ozdere!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ozdere