We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

Ok, I've seen many a post from reedprincess and Paul, so I figure you guys are experts...I definately need some expert advice. My husband and I are travelling to St Lucia in May, love the beach, a Sugar Beach resort seems to have the nicest beach on the island. Reduit Beach seems as if it'd be loud and busy.. Anyways, are we missing an area that has a comparable beach to Sugar Beach or just as nice beach? As far as where to stay, we were thinking Stonefied and take their shuttle to the beach. Sugar Beach is too expensive, and we're not really into open walls at Ladera or Anse Chastenet. Is there anywhere else on the island you'd recommend with a decent beach? Thanks very much!

Toronto
reviews: 43
1. Re: May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

The Deluxe Beachside rooms at Anse Chastanet are fully enclosed and include a/c. Stonefield is a good choice, however the on-site restaurant at Stonefield is pricey, so the big savings will come from self-catering. It is not really within walking distance of town or other restaurants, except possibly Martha's Tables. Though I have not been to it, Malgretoute Beach, which is within walking distance of Stonefield is reportedly very nice and quiet and there is also some snorkeling there.

Vieux Fort, St...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
2. Re: May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

Malgre tout is a building site, or will be by May if the new development starts on site. I think Stonefield is a good choice, with beach transfer. The north will be busy if you are here for the jazz week< but Reduit Beach will not be too busy by May, the cruise ships will have moved on to the mediterranean by then, so you could consider Bay Gardens Beach Resort for a couple of days maybe.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
3. Re: May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

Bon jou Liz T,

You can have it all at Stonefield's located at the Petit Piton just above Malgretoute Beach which so moved India Arie that she penned her hit God is Real!

"... In Saint Lucia, I jumped in the water. For the first time I understood its power. As I swam, I was cleansed..."

Bless up! Paul

@ StLuciaDebs... all development in Malgretoute has been stopped by The Heritage Site Committee (France) until St. Lucia finally fulfills its 10 yr old promise of a detailed Sustainable Development Plan and a Limits of Acceptable Change (LAC) study for the Piton Management Area.

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Atlanta, GA
4. Re: May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

@ gdbear65...thx for the info my fellow Torontonian (born and raised in Thornhill..kinda T.O...lol)...

...anyways, thx everyone, I think Stonefield it is for this trip.

Toronto
reviews: 43
5. Re: May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

you're welcome! I'm sure you'll have a great time!! Be sure to check out Tet Paul Trail, Sulphur Springs Park & mudbath and if possible New Jerusalem Mineral Springs. Here's some video of the mudbath - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCIp9m0y36Q

6. Re: May trip...having difficulty choosing where to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, July 01, 2014