We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oshawa, Canada
reviews: 22
25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Only 25 more days until we arrive in Marigot Bay. This trip was booked last April so we are very excited to be actually getting ready to go.

How easy is it to find a taxi to take us on a few day trips, and return us to the airport? Would we be better to book everything at once with a driver to get a better rate? Or take our chances daily go on a whim? Looking for trips to see the island, perhaps 2 days, and another to have a beach day somewhere, also want to go to the fish fry at Dennery.

Sugestions? Costs? Don't want to be rushed in our days 4 - 5 hour tours is enough for us.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Bethpage, New York
reviews: 7
11. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

I agree, I love exploring and checking all the different hotels, bars and locals. 30 minutes doesn't even cover a meal... I've been researching on different excursions and I may just hire a driver one day to take us to a few different beaches, then maybe one day on a charter boat!

Looking forward to the seafood at Anse la Ray!

So excited! I'll post when we get back!

Newark, Delaware
reviews: 69
12. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

I did not mean to be rude as you are obviously already committed and of course many people enjoy the quiet and small tourist area of Marigot Bay, but others may not. If I had to choose between home and Marigot Bay, obviously I wouldn't mind spending time there. Compared to the rest of the island and having a limited amount of time on island, to me, it is not worth more than a small detour. I had considered staying there, but thankfully had received advice on this forum and elsewhere and was glad that I did not stay there as it is far from most of what we enjoyed and it would have felt isolating to us even with our own vehicle. Besides eat, shop and relax (which understandably is all that some people want in a vacation, but not us), there is not much to do there. We rented a car for our whole trip and saw and experienced a lot all over the island. Comparatively, I would not consider Marigot Bay to be a local experience and what we enjoyed most in St Lucia was not inside a restaurant or hotel. One day on a tour and you are spending a half hour at various tourist stops.

Reply to: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted