We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oshawa, Canada
reviews: 22
25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Only 25 more days until we arrive in Marigot Bay. This trip was booked last April so we are very excited to be actually getting ready to go.

How easy is it to find a taxi to take us on a few day trips, and return us to the airport? Would we be better to book everything at once with a driver to get a better rate? Or take our chances daily go on a whim? Looking for trips to see the island, perhaps 2 days, and another to have a beach day somewhere, also want to go to the fish fry at Dennery.

Sugestions? Costs? Don't want to be rushed in our days 4 - 5 hour tours is enough for us.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 20
1. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

There is a taxi stand on the south side of Marigot; down near the dock. At almost any time of day, you will find drivers there who could take you on tour. It is a good idea to find one you really like and do tours with that person but if you find they are not available for your chosen day to tour, you can find another. If you should work out a "package deal" with one, you could choose your days to go -- possibly even on a whim.

Don't expect it to be cheap --- rates are set by the government. And also, you travel for distances to get to attractions. For instance, the trip from the airport will take about 1 1/4 hours. That fare is usually US$70 for 1- 3 persons. A west coast tour -- all day; taking you to the attractions in Souffriere and stopping along the way -- will be US$160 (again for 1-3 persons).

There is also the option of taking water taxis to some spots -- not any cheaper but sometimes more direct.

Bethpage, New York
reviews: 9
2. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Thanks for this info, I kind of just asked the same question!!

THe hotel quoted $85 from the airport but I am seeing $70 elswhere...

Dear Edmonton, it looks like we are going about 1 month after you!!

If you can, please kindly post your experiences when you get back!!

Have a Wonderful trip!!

Sincerely,

Carol N. - New York

Oshawa, Canada
3. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Carol, where are you staying in Marigot Bay?

I will be certain to post something.

Bethpage, New York
4. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

We are arriving April 5th through the 10th.

SO EXCITED!!!

Bethpage, New York
5. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

We are staying at Discovery in Marigot Bay!

Bethpage, New York
6. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Hi I was wondering how the trip went??

Oshawa, Canada
7. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

our trip was good, the cottage we had rented was not air conditioned, all the reviews said that the breezes were sufficient to cool it at night. They were correct, most nights we pulled the blanket up. However the days were very warm. Of anywhere we have travelled, I found the heat and humidity more troublesome there. There is no beach to speak of, and the breeze during the day if off shore, thus it has come across the land, and heads out to sea. Not a nice cooling breeze, as in anyother destination we have travelled to.

After 2 weeks there, we felt somewhat isolated because it was so expensive to travel about the island. We were lucky to meet up with 2 other couples to share a day trip with, and the caretaker for the cotttage took us out in his boat twice.

I feel very glad to have had the opportunity to visit St. Lucia, but have no burning desire to return.

Newark, Delaware
reviews: 70
8. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

We spent 30 minutes in Marigot Bay and had our fill. Definitely would have no desire to stay there. It is a pretty view from above or out at sea, but that is about it.

Bethpage, New York
9. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

Well, I think it depends on which resort you stay at, or if you're in by yacht. I'll be at the Discovery in Marigot Bay this Friday and will update on it's facilities and 4 diamond spa. Also, we plan on doing alot of kayaking and boat excursions!!

Anse la Ray is about 9 miles south and really looking forward to the Friday night fish fry!!!

Talk to you all in a week!!!

:c)

Oshawa, Canada
10. Re: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!

We went to Anse La Raye. The food was good, the selections interesting. Unfortunately it was Lent so there was no music.

Not sure anyone can give any advice or make comments after being there for 30 minutes. Did he go across the bay? Did he speak to any locals?

Reply to: 25 days til Marigot Bay!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted