We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a vaction property

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Amboy, New...
Booking a vaction property

Is it unusal for the owner to request that the payment be sent as a bank tranfer? The owner is in the UK. I am in the US.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Booking a vaction property

If an owner is a private person that seems reasonable. (How would you like to be paid by someone in UK?)

Google "wire money to UK" and you'll find a service that charges $5 per transfer, compared to $$ you'd pay for a wire from your bank.

Oshawa, Canada
reviews: 18
2. Re: Booking a vaction property

we recently booked a vacation property, the owner had us pay a deposit using paypal and asked us to bring the rest with us in US cash.

I'd have no problem with a money to bank transfer, it seems to me that it would be safe and easily to trace.

With private property rentals you have to trust the owner, and the owner has to trust you more than with travel agents and resorts.

3. Re: Booking a vaction property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 19, 2013