We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for Marigot

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 17
Packing for Marigot

Hi, I'm packing for my trip to Marigot bay hotel in a couple days, and im not sure what to bring. It sounds like there are lots of yachts here, so I'm thinking nice clothes for sightseeing and dinners.....or really just Caribbean casual? Country club chic? Trendy? I hate not being prepared!!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
1. Re: Packing for Marigot

Don't worry! Go for Caribbean casual! Paul

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 14
2. Re: Packing for Marigot

Definitety casual. Shorts, casual shirts and tshirts, sandals, Maybe a pair of capris and a casual dress for ladies for night. Lots of bathing suits/coverups. Yachties tend not to have immense wardrobes and you will see some but not many wearing "resort wear". If you're coming for a week, you really don't need more than a carryon's worth of clothing !!

Buffalo, New York
reviews: 3
3. Re: Packing for Marigot

Yachts in the rest of the world are not yachts by American standards, most of the yachties you see will be wearing teak stained tee shirts and shorts, some will even look homeless, I know because when we were there 2 weeks ago we were all about 3 or 4 days overdue for laundry, and we looked and smelled that way also. Never hurts to have one shirt with buttons on, like a golf shirt, it just in case you want to go to some place posh.

4. Re: Packing for Marigot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, January 19, 2012