We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic food from anguilla ?

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sfakia, Greece
reviews: 17
authentic food from anguilla ?

Can anyone recommend authentic Anguilla cuisine or other great local places ? I'm going to be staying at CJ and the Viceroy for 10 nights in May 2014.

39 replies to this topic
Anguilla
reviews: 2
21. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

Mary's Bakery does fantastic Roti and patties to take away my hubbie gets his lunch everyday there. If you want to try a good Roti I'd recommend there.

The BBQ on the Sandy Hill Road on a Friday night is good my hubbie works with one of the lads who does that and on a Friday it's fish.

Also Jazzy's in The Valley is good food you'll spot it it's green and white and if you are looking for music and cheap beer we had a great night on a Friday dancing etc.

In the Best Buys (east) at 11:30 am they have hot freshly cooked food. It sells quickly but it's good value and really nice. Also there is a wee bar at Island Harbour on the beach my mate says food is good there and don't miss $5 crayfish at On Da Rocks at Island Harbour.

The Valley Bistro does lovely food too it's a lovely setting and you can get Roti and local fish etc as well as regular dishes.

Have a super time when you come xxx

Charleston, South...
reviews: 5
22. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

Along the lines of this topic, Dale Carty, owner and chef of Tasty's restaurant, just posted on Facebook that on Saturday, November 9, he is doing a feature "Taste of Anguilla!, serving traditional Anguillian food." I wish we could be there for this as I'm sure it's going to be amazing as everything we've eaten there has been. For us, Tasty's is not to be missed. Some of the very best cuisine on Anguilla. Period.

New York City, New...
reviews: 4
23. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

Very good and helpful comments below. I would add one seemingly unlikely candidate: "A Burger" in the West End. Owned and run by Anguillians, A Burger features all fresh ingredients: freshly ground beef; rolls, Johnny Cakes and breads baked daily; vegetables delivered by local farmers every day. Now to your question: If not for all the other delicious items, go to A Burger for the handmade Bush Tea, Hot Johnny Cakes with Salt Cod and a basket of Sweet Potato Fries. You are now "a belonged"! And a happy one, at that...

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 1
24. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

A burger was very good, but I think they went out of business last summer...at least someone mentioned it.

Klassic Café is closed as well.

Ma
25. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

A Burger reopened in January 2014

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
26. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

oh did they? Good news, the burgers were great and the service exemplary

PS just checking my husband reviews..we were there last in April

Edited: 1:12 pm, February 22, 2014
Philadelphia...
reviews: 4
27. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

Hi Jake:

Want to try something really exciting, new and fairly indigenous to Anguilla?

Go here and let us know what you think:

www.strawhat.com/strawhatblog/lionfish/

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
28. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

Jake has been and gone...

Leesburg, Florida
reviews: 2
29. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

Actually Tilly he will be back the end of May for two weeks so the thread is still relevant

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
30. Re: authentic food from anguilla ?

you are right...sorry:)

Reply to: authentic food from anguilla ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted