We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
reviews: 13
Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

Hi everyone, just booked at the Viceroy in May (they have a really good deal going on). Just wondering what the differences if anyone knows about the big differences btw 2BR residence and 2BR villa. We are two couples and are excited about having the kitchen and family room. Im guessing we will either be by the pool or beach so a huge terrace isn't a big thing. The only reason I ask is because on their site the 2BR residence has a layout and the 2BR villa only has pictures.

thanks in advance

NJ
reviews: 34
1. Re: Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

From what I've read, the villas are on Barnes Bay and the Residences are around a pool on Meads Bay. Google the Viceroy Residences and take a look at the floor plans. Then check out the resort map and they show you where the residences are on the plan. They are in about 5-6 buildings in a semi circle around the pool on Meads Bay. They all look to have ocean views and seem to be on three levels. So, it is not a free standing residence. It looks to me like your two bedrooms would be on one level contained within one of these buildings with living room, kitchen, dining etc. Also, the "plunge pool" is no bigger than a hot tub. The villas have a real pool, but those buildings look to house either one 4 bdrm. villa or two 2 bedroom villas etc. My assumption would be that you don't have your own pool there (other than your plunge pool) unless you have it as a four bedroom. The villas look to be on Barnes Bay and one group of them is at the very end of the property and the others are in three rows. So, there is ocean front, and then ocean view. I think that unless you are ocean front you would need to be on an upper level to see the water. Hope this helps; I did alot of research before renting a three bdrm. residence for July. I would have gone for the 4 bdrm oceanfront villa if only I had unlimited $$$$. Plan to be at the beach anyway!:)

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
reviews: 2
2. Re: Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

The 4 bedroom pool villa's on Barnes Bay look stunning, what surprised me as I walked to Half Shell is how dense they are--rows and rows, but the best ones are the ones right on the beach, as you pointed out, When they first opened they were upgrading like crazy to the villas.Maybe this will happen to you!

The above poster was going in May, I wonder if they did.

Birmingham...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

Hi, my husband and I are also going to the Viceroy in May with another couple! I had the same questions as you and when I contacted the resort they just said they rarely, if ever, have villas for rent. You can see more pictures and maps of the different floor plans at vicerotanguilliaresidences.com, which is a separate site than the hotel. Hope you have a great trip!

4. Re: Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:56 pm, October 04, 2013
Edited: 2:56 pm, October 04, 2013
5. Re: Viceroy 2BR Residence VS 2 BR Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West End Village