We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Maya Tours - Excellent!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto
reviews: 39
Costa Maya Tours - Excellent!

Hope this doesn't sound like an ad but check out my profile if you want.

We stayed in a casa 8.5km S of Mahauhal and booked the BioMaya zipline tour several months in advance for the first Wednesday of our stay.

Monday we went with our dive boat operator and guide to a "safe" local Mexican restaurant. Next day our son is sick and we weren't 100% either. The guide and his family weren't sick but not 100% either. Figured out it was probably the melon water.

So we rescheduled for Sat, the Saturday tropical depression Alex showed up. So we didn't leave. By this point we have paid Otto for the remainder and went to his office several times and used his phone as well.

Otto also gave us good advice when the dive boat operator told us we had to evacuate that day. He basically looked at me funny and asked who gave us this advice, whereupon we were advised to ignore said person. So Tuesday was our next date.

We got up and ready only to find a flat tire. Which I had off in record time, only to find the lug nut key for the spare missing in our rental. Thankfully our caretaker took us to town to get it fixed and his wife drove us back. At this point we figured we weren't meant to go to BioMaya as we missed our appointment by hours. Then my wife says, "Otto is coming to the door". So I go outside and explained everything and he makes a call and asks "do you still want to go?". We were off in 2 minutes and had a great time ziplining.

Did I mention we had the park to ourselves? Otto was supposed to meet us at his office that day but I guess he slept in and we didn't make it anyways so he drove 20mins down a nasty beach road to check if we had left (or not -in this case). Talk about service and saving the day!

Still not sure why BioMaya wanted us so early at the park though, 7:45am, meaning we had to leave at 6:20 from our house, waking up real early. Still it was one of our best days. After ziplining we went for lunch in the beautiful town of Bacalar. On the way back we stopped for pineapples in a town where all they seem to grow is pineapples. Got 4 small ones for 20ps.

I just had to share our experience with Costa Maya tours as he went above and beyond what he had to do.

1. Re: Costa Maya Tours - Excellent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 03, 2011