We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torres del Pain - W circuit (3-5 day) which refugios?

Austin, Texas...
reviews: 5
Torres del Pain - W circuit (3-5 day) which refugios?

I will be arriving in Punta Arenas and have about 5 days for Torres del Paine. I intend to do the W circuit, which is about a 3-5 day flight. I'm trying to decide how to approach the trek coming from Punta Arenas and which refugios to stay at. Also, is there a charter bus to and from the entrance of the park to Punta Arenas? I'm just starting to research it now.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
1. Re: Torres del Pain - W circuit (3-5 day) which refugios?

If you are coming any time from now until March, you are unlikely to find a place in a refugio. People book months in advance. You can still camp and you can rent all the gear you want from places in Puerto Natales. You can get meals at the refugios even if you are camping.

If you want to check for any possibility of staying in refugios:

http://www.fantasticosur.com/en/

There are buses from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales. It would be best to spend a night there and get what you need then take a bus the next day to the park. Even if you go from Punta Arenas to the park it will mean two buses or private transportation.

2. Re: Torres del Pain - W circuit (3-5 day) which refugios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Torres del Paine...