We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W trek with young children in March

Copenhagen
W trek with young children in March

Hi,

I have searched the internet to find information about whether doing the W trek with young children (4 and 7 years old) is possible but have not really been able to find any useful information.

Can anyone help with information about?

I am not too concerned myself. The children are used to traveling and are used to travelling and hiking. I plan to carry the small one on my bag.

If we do the trek, we would do it as a guided trek.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
1. Re: W trek with young children in March

Can you/they walk up a steep hill for an hour or so? A slope of about 1:3. Or easier slopes for several hours?

How are you carrying your gear, if you are carrying your kid?

I would contact a few guiding organisations and ask their experience of children doing this trip. In a week there (back yesterday), I saw no small children among the many walkers. Parts of the walk are arduous. I'm amazed that you can walk, carrying the child all day.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 48
2. Re: W trek with young children in March

The weather in Torres del Paine can be very fickle--very windy and wet at times. Especially in March, looks like that has the most rain. There is also a lot of upward climbing which would probably be difficult for children. I'm not sure if this is the right kind of adventure for the 4-year-old.

3. Re: W trek with young children in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Torres del Paine...