We are now finalizing our plans for our trek through Torres del Paine (we leave in a week) and would really appreciate some feedback on whether this plan is realistic from a timing standpoint. Here's what we're thinking:
- Our flight from Santiago arrives in Punta Arenas around 1:30 pm on Sunday. Our goal is to spend the night in Puerto Natales so that we can catch the first bus to Torres del Paine the following morning, so we'll need to catch a bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales on Sunday afternoon/evening. The bus schedules I have seen seem to fit this timing but am hoping someone can confirm.
- Provided we make it to Puerto Natales Sunday night, we want to catch an early bus from Puerto Natales to the Administracion in the park on Monday morning. Again, we've read that there is an early bus from Puerto Natales to the park but haven't seen a specific time.
- As long as we get to the park on Monday, we plan to hike to Paine Grand Mountain lodge for the night.
- Tuesday we would hike and spend the night at Refugio Los Cuernos.
- Wednesday we would hike and spend the night at Hosteria Las Torres.
- Thursday morning we would take the shuttle from the Hosteria to Laguna Amarga to catch the first bus back to Puerto Natales. We need to catch a bus back to Punta Arenas that same day, because we have a morning flight back to Santiago on Friday.
So - does this sound doable? We are very excited about this trip and based on the research we've done and the maps we've consulted, the distances seem doable. But as it's hard to determine exact bus schedules, we wanted to check with anyone who knows better :)
Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day, Jo