We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im 30 traveling to Stockholm and Are - Is the nightlife good

Which Are hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Im 30 traveling to Stockholm and Are - Is the nightlife good

I plan on visiting Stockholm for a week or more and was curious what to do. I am single and traveling alone. Ive read that Swedish woman do not conversate with Americans that much. First of all please understand I am not going their just to hit on woman. Nevertheless I don't want to go somwehere that people won't talk to me.

My primary reason for traveling to Sweden is because my friend told me Are was a nice place to snowboard. Any input on this??

Is the nightlife such as clubs and bars ok in Stockholm and Are????

1 reply
Burgess Hill
reviews: 17
1. Re: Im 30 traveling to Stockholm and Are - Is the nightlife good

Åre must be the best ski rasort in Scandinavia, with extensive runs for snowboarders and skiers alike.

If you stay in Åre itself the town is quite lively in the evneing, but don't plan on drinking too much unless you are very rich!

try : http://www.are360.com/en/Dine/Restaurants/

for details of where to eat and drink and night life.

As for not talking...well I have found the most Swedes love to talk to native English speakers to improve their English (although as an American they will proberbly improve yours (sorry))!. I am a little older and prefer the quiter life so I will be staying in Duved because it is quieter, but you should have no problem. Go for it.!

Reply to: Im 30 traveling to Stockholm and Are - Is the nightlife good
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Are