We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

Which Preveza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
staffordshire
reviews: 34
Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

Thinking of booking a package to lefkas next year with cosmos whom fly with monarch airlines just wondered it they are as reliable as tompsons or t/cook who also fly to preveza airport its just monarch have a nice early flight . Any one flown with then to preveza and have they encountered any big delays ? Thanks karen

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

Hi Karen

We flew Monarch to Lesvos this September and apart from the planes being a bit tatty ( old Boeing 757s, no TV, no radio) we had no complaints at all. We flew from Gatwick but I believe the Manchester flights had severe delays at various times, one as long as 27 hours.

Bear in mind too that Monarch offer free meals to all passengers so don't fall into the trap of coughing up for meals when you book as we did.

staffordshire
reviews: 34
2. Re: Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

Hi gb yea i recall reading that 27 hr delay somewhere on t/a we have flown with them but not for a few years . Thomas cook or thomsons have not had tvs on them to greece for a few years now. I was just a bit worried if monarch fleets are geting smaller and like you said older that they were geting very unreliable as we will be flighing from manchester oooo will bear in mind about the free food . Thanks karen

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
reviews: 8
3. Re: Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

I was one of the unfortunate passengers who had a 13 hour delay when returning from Preveza to Manchester on the 7th of this month, courtesy of Monarch. If that wasn't bad enough, the passengers who flew out from Manchester the week before had a 6½ hour delay so if you only went for a week you had the thick end of 20 hours delay on two flights - I am, together with others, waiting for a response to emails.

I understand that this year Monarch have had a similar poor records on most of their European routes (a friend had a twelve hour delay yesterday on the Palma/Gatwick route) - read the TA Airline Forum to get some idea.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Flew out on the 21st of this month and returned yesterday with Thomson - what a difference. Flights on time and far more comfort.

<<Bear in mind too that Monarch offer free meals to all passengers so don't fall into the trap of coughing up for meals when you book as we did.>>

Since when have Monarch been giving free meals away? Certainly not my last flights (21/09 and 7/10) and they were well behind their legal EU requirements for delayed passengers.

I would double check the free meal issue because they were still flogging their in flight "meals" on board during both of my flights.

Edited: 3:50 pm, October 29, 2012
Yorkshire Dales
reviews: 21
4. Re: Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

Oh dear ConnySir....You are really cheering me up about my Monarch flight next year............NOT!!

I had grave misgivings about flying to Lesvos with them but was won over by the price and a strong desire to return to the island.

I do hope they have learnt from this year's disasters and improve for the coming year. ( She said nervously) :O(

5. Re: Whats monarch flights to greece been like this year 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Preveza
More Preveza Topics