We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Montreal, Canada
Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

As per Hotel Royalton resort plan there are 11 bungalows and 6 cabanas. The bungalows are closer to the ocean.

Do you know which one of these two has the rooms with terrace?

Do you know which one is with 2 floors and which one is with 3 floors?

Thank you,

toronto
reviews: 8
1. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

It looks like cabanas have only one floor. The bungalows might have two and three floors. Even the word "cabana" means a small cottage.

Guelph, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

I was also wondering what the difference is between the Cabanas and the Bungalows.We are staying in a Junior Suite King Bed balcony. So, does this mean we will be in a bungalow, second floor?

toronto
3. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Yes, I think so. Can you tell me how did you upgrade your room?

Edited: 11:56 am, February 14, 2013
Guelph, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

I didn't upgrade. This was the package I bought from Sunwing which was the Junior Suite King Balcony Gardenview.

toronto
5. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Ok, that's nice. Have a wonderful vacation!

Riverview NB Canada
reviews: 50
6. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

We just got back Yesterday,bungalows are at the lower end of the resort. They have 10 rooms in each, 5 up and 5 down, we had the upper floor in Bungalow 11 which affored us a partial view of the ocean. Lower levels only have a view of the trees and bushes. Cabanas are located by reception, some appeard to be one level while others were two story. On our trip we were only offered garden view, ground or second floor, nothing on the cabanas.

I think that these are only offered as an upgrade by the resort as we rarely saw anybody going into them. Sunwing rep at the orintation did mention an upgrade or assistance if we wanted to extend the vacation.

toronto
7. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

This is the best description you did, thank you. I couldn't figured out until now how are the bungalows versus cabanas. So, there are 110 rooms in the bungalows, the last 11 rooms might be in the cabanas for some special events or some special guests. That's okay.

How was the weather in Cayo Santa Maria in february?

Riverview NB Canada
reviews: 50
8. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Weather was a little cool as it is their winter season. We found that it was in the 20's during the day but it cooled off at night to around 16. No rain at all but we had some high winds off the ocean which put red flags on the beach and if you were in the shade made it very cool. We usually turned off the AC at night as we found it too cold in the room. Ocean was a little cool but OK once you got into it. Pools are not heated and were a little cold also. But once you got around the initial shock it was OK. Coming down from cold Canada we were just glad for the sun and no snow.

toronto
9. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Thanks a lot. I hope in May will be just okay. Unfortunately I cannot enter in the cold water, having arthritis. I was in Cuba last April and the ocean was great. So in May might be even better, hope so. Of course depends on the currents too. I think Cayo Santa Maria is most of the time windy, being an island with no protection around. But I had very nice time in April and in July also, with some rainy , windy days on top. Yes, you are right, coming from Canada, we enjoy each minute of sun. I just want to lay on the chair, in the sun and forget about the cold winter we had.

Thank you guys, you are very nice.

toronto
10. Re: Hotel Royalton – Bungalows vs. Cabanas

I have a question: I need 220V adapters/transformer for my camera, a Kobo reader and MP3...they don't have any 220V plugs in the rooms?