We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

Hi there, myself and my husband to be, are looking to get married in Protaras, in June 2015. It is small affair as just us and our son so not looking for most of what is included in wedding packages. Has anyone just organised the registry office and town hall visit? Is it complicated to do or would I need an event planner. Any help most grateful received, thankyou.

da176ep
reviews: 14
1. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

My husband and i married in 2000 in Paphos town hall as we wanted small.We went to the town hall who sent us to a judge,i think it was to swear an affidavit as i was divorced and he widowed.We had divorce papers and death certificate with us,no problems the special licence issued.Then back to town hall to book the date and time,you do need 2 witnesses.We were witnesses to an American couple who married the week before us as they didn't know they had to have them.We just used 2 of our sons who flew out for the wedding.Service took 5 minutes and certificate issued there and then.Would imagine it would be the same in Protaras/Paralimni area.We found a florist for button holes,corsage and 2 small bouquets.Then a baker who did a lovely sponge cake but beware if you have fresh cream ,ours melted a little as it was in July and had to be kept in fridge.You could always but a M and S fruit one an take with you(they do different sizes).It was all so easy would recommend it to anyone just wanting to have a small and quiet wedding.If you need anymore help i am going to protaras this week and will pick the brains of the owner of where i stay and she is very helpful.If you contact the Cyprus Tourist organistion office in london they will send you info too.

Swansea, United...
2. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

Hi there, thankyou so much for your advice, I really appreciate it. It would be wonderful if you could get information from your trip. Heard back from the registry office today and it looks like we would have to book for 2015 by October this year. So appreciate your help!

da176ep
reviews: 14
3. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

No problem but do contact the cyprus tourist office as they were very helpful when we wanted to know what to do.The licence cost approx £200 (we paid in Cypriot Pounds 186) when we booked the day and time.We asked the registrar to speak slowly as when we attended the American couples it seemed to be over in a flash,at least ours took 5 minutes lol.I know there is a town hall in Paralimni but will ask about other venues as there is a lovely church off the main Protaras road which may appeal.

Swansea, United...
4. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

Thankyou really appreciate all your help, it's a but mindblowing at first but I am getting there, thankyou and hope you have a lovely trip!

uk
reviews: 2
5. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

Check out under the cyprus sun web page,i got married last September at the townhall and they sorted all the time date and paper work out for me for a small fee

6. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, June 25, 2013
Swansea, Wales
7. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

Thanks updara I will check that out too.

8. Re: Advice needed regarding small wedding in Protaras.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Protaras