We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry
reviews: 3
Kapparis - is a car essential ?

We are a 2 families , 9 people in total looking at the Protarus area of Cyprus for September - kids ages are 18- 23. Found a nice villa in Kapparis-is this too far out from Protarus and Ayia Napa - happy in th day to have nice villa and beach close by but want a bit of life in the evenings.

All opinions appreciated.

surrey
reviews: 5
1. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Hi, were coming to a villa in Kapparis in August this year, have never been to this part before, went to Pernera last year.

Where we are staying we are only 250m from the beach and around 10 min walk for places to eat , so what we are ging to do is not have a car the first week, and explore where we are, then have a car the second week, and go all around, deffo taking a trip to the mountains, and also use the car to get us back to the airport so dont need to book a taxi or transfer, and just drop car at the airport.

We dont want a car all the time as not so much of a hoiliday if we have to drive everywhere and cant have a drink or two, and think there will be enough places to eat where we are for the week we dont have thear, and to be honest our villa has a BBQ so will do that quite a few nights, and go out for drinks.

So looking forward to it, dont normally do 2 weeks, so looking forward to going to new places.

Have a great time

2. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:22 am, February 13, 2013
Solihull
reviews: 6
3. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

If you don't intend to explore the island too far, and only need access to beaches and resorts, then no, you won't need a car. The bus service (number 101/102) is excellent and runs from Paralimni - Kapparis - Pernera - Protaras - Ayia Napa. It's €1 each or €3 for a day ticket. Goes up to €2.50 if used after 11pm. However if you intend to explore the villages, or travel further a field, then you will need a car.

Birmingham
reviews: 25
4. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Have a look at my Google map of Kapparis at

http://goo.gl/maps/oQkxI

You'll see that Kapparis is about 4.5 miles from Protaras and even further to Ayia Napa.

It's worth taking into account the cost of airport transfers for all of you, and trips to the supermarkets/off licence.

Evening "life" is centred around local restaurants and pubs, which have something on most nights.

Greenhithe, Kent...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

I stay in an apartment in Kapparis regularly for my visits. I did use car hire 1st of all but have used taxis and trips by the regular bus service. At the start for 1st stock up food trips I do a taxis trip for easy after sometimes just walking to the store empty handed and then return in style with numerous bags. For local trips down to beach and Protaras and Ayia napa by bus or walk one way for exercise and explore. Nice walks along the coastal path ways. Its down hill too to the coast and slight incline back up. Depending where the villa is located?

Ask again if you need more information. Happy to provide recommendations from my trips.

Coventry
reviews: 3
6. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Thank you - really useful information. Can you advise on the following-

The 'younger' members of the party may want to spend the odd night in Ayia Napa - is it easy enough to get a taxi back for 5 ?

Solihull
reviews: 6
7. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Plenty of taxis and should be around 20 euro (I think), but the buses run till 4am and are only 2.50 after 11pm. They start again at 7am if they want a really late one!

Greenhithe, Kent...
8. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

A lot of the taxi in Ayia Napa are 6/8 seaters, so not a problems. But do check out the prices before you travel like in the UK. Also they make an extra charge after certain hours. Also likely to charge for both ways to cover their return journey back to Ayia Napa.You could pre book your pick up with a taxi driver. I have texted them when ready for pick up as have used my regular guy.

he operate out of Protaras and lives in Parlimni. So works out well for us both.

The buses do get VERY packed the later the hour of the night / morning. And then a walk back from the bus stop to where ever the villa is located!

cardiff wales
9. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Can you tell me if bus runs on a Sunday from Paralimini to Ayia Nappa in July as we need to pick a car hire up.

Thank you

Shelagh

Greenhithe, Kent...
10. Re: Kapparis - is a car essential ?

Yes, the Buses run 7 days a week and every day. Throughout the day and early hours of the morning too. The locals use them to get to and from work.

Depending where you are in Kapparis, it takes about 45mins ride and then allow a walk to the road where your bus stop located.

link:- www.cyprusbybus.com

This link should help you as it covers all bus routes around the island.

Also, car hir firms do deliver to the villa / apartments and hotels. Save the collection from Ayai Napa. Also a couple of Car hire firms in Kapparis / Kennaday ave.

Get answers to your questions about Protaras