We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Protaras?

Which Protaras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
What to do in Protaras?

Hi all,

I'm going Protaras 25th June - 5th July 2013. There will be 4 adults aged between 23-27 and a 2 year old baby. I would just like recommendations on where to go for food/drinks and also what would you recommend to do, excursions etc.

Thanks.

Falkirk, United...
reviews: 6
1. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Hi..you will be there same time as me. There are lots of good restaurants within various price ranges and types of meals . I like cheers bar for pub grub. Loads of bars with entertainment ie tribute acts...karaoke ...and bands and a lot of bars and restaurants have play areas for the kiddies....some good boat trips available from a couple of hours to full day. There are bus trips to other areas but one of the best is the red bus ( open top) either their village tour which is a half day or famagusta full day. The beaches are superb and water sports are available too.

I am sure you will have a great time

Manchester, United...
2. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Sound's like there is loads to do Linzi ! Have you done the Famagusta tour?? That is one thing we all really want to do. Do you know how hot it will be too?And would you say it is expensive? Sorry for all the questions ! Thanks :o)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
reviews: 134
3. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Hi

We were in Pernera/Protaras last june 17th to 27th, the weather was hot temps around 30 to 33 degrees and warm at night. Cyprus can be as cheap or as expensive as you want. Lots of restaurants with offers 2 courses for 9-10 euros, beers vary in price. We love the Yianna Marie restaurant, Kamakura Japanese, Hippocampus good value, also Anatolias get good reviews for food and prices. Boat trip for 2 and a half hours is about 10 euros each children usually free, (we did the Coca cola one) and took pram on board too! There are plenty of play areas in the resort and all the restaurants, bars made my little one very welcome. We love it and we have booked to come again in June. Enjoy!

Diane

Falkirk, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Yes I have done the famagusta tour...found it was very good. Spent some time in the walled area etc and then down to the beach at varosha where you can see along the coast all the hotels within the 'ghost town"...fascinating . The cost is €30 per adult..free for infants. Have a look at their website http://www.redbuscyprus.com/Home.aspx We were there same time last year and temps early 30's but not too humid most of the time. Night time temps dropped a little but no cardi required at all. Sea temps were good.

Prices are on par with home but you get some good bargains ie 3 course set meal approx 10-12 euro...beer 2-3 euro cocktails 3-5 euro.

Manchester, United...
5. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Sounds like we are all going to have a brilliant time. Thanks for all your help...just looking forward some sun, it's the counting down now.

Manchester, United...
6. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Thanks Diane, that has helped a lot, finding a good restaurant takes time so we will have a look out for the ones you suggested. We have booked a villa so im hoping the supermarkets arent expensive as we wouldnt mind doing a few BBQ's. Hope you have a great holiday !!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
reviews: 134
7. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Hi

There is a Lidl in Protaras where you will be able to get bbq things and shopping as well and other supermarkets, bakery etc.

Diane

London
reviews: 73
8. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Cavo Greko boat trip is fab. Eat seafood with locals at Kalamies or Anemos restaurants (bit pricey though). Get your climbing boots on and brave the steps up to Profitis Elias. Eat hot lokmathes from the little stall that's open for festivals and in the summer on the road between Protaras and Paralimni.

If you have time (and inclanation) to go farther afield:

* Kakopetria - a small village in the mountains on the way up to Troodos where the natural springs that St Nicholas water comes from are located. * Lefkara, it's beautiful, and eat some of the Loukoumia there, they are some of the best.

Greenhithe, Kent...
reviews: 2
9. Re: What to do in Protaras?

Summer did come early last year in Cyprus and the temps were higher than normal. It should still be warm in the daytime but cooler at nights especially if you have been in the sun all day.

The bigger supermarkets are in Paralimni for a big buy at the start but other smaller stores are around for all household items.

Where is your villa? Protaras does spread out and join up Perena. A selection of beaches around too linked by the coastal path walk - some decking pathways. Good local bus service too. I stay in Kapparis which is just up the road from them a little quieter / small but just a nice too.

Manchester, United...
10. Re: What to do in Protaras?

This is the link to the villa, it shows a map of where we are located rentprivatevillas.com/villa/021/protaras-021… is there a supermarket near our villa? we are arriving at our villa late so we will be wanting to find a supermarket in the morning to get everything in. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Protaras