We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at the moment - August 2013

Which Mactan Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 4
Weather at the moment - August 2013

hello everyone! My boyfriend and I are travelling to Mactan Island next week, and despite nkowing it is the rainy season we had read/heard that Cebu area is relatively well sheltered from the monsoon rains and does not suffered as much with the seasons. My auntie is from Cebu and has said August is still good to go. We don't mind a few rains but hoping that we'll get some sun as well? Is anyone there at the moment who can confirm?! we are also travelling to Bohol and Malapascua.....

thank you!!

9 replies to this topic
clare,ireland
1. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

whats happening there now will have no bearing on next week -even if there was a typhoon there now -it would probably be gone in a few days -unless there is bad weather forecast for the dates you will be there -then not much reason you shouldnt continue

Bratislava, Slovakia
reviews: 10
2. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

I arrived in Cebu a week ago. Was on bantayan island 5 days and now on Malapascua island since thursday. The weather is absolutely fine. Its windy tonight and scattered storms but I haven't been rained on since I got here. Of ourse this can always change. We will be in Bohol as well towards the end of August!

Los Angeles...
reviews: 40
3. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

was just in Manila, boracay and Luzon areas two days ago- it may rain for 20 minutes or at worse, a few hours but after a while the sun comes back again..in the meantime, you get a chance to cool off

philippines
reviews: 301
4. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

weather changes place to place. i left manila this wet rainy morning and arrived cebu on a relatively warm, dry afternoon. what happens this week is not a gauge of the weather next week.

Leyte Island...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

I was at Villa Terisita in Talisay City (next to Cebu City) today. They have 6 swimming pools which were all packed. I got sunburned.

I think that should indicate the weather at the moment. But tomorrow, who knows.

The usual weather pattern in August is rain fro a short time each day and fine for the rest.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 234
6. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

Hannah,

Partly true. Cebu sees as much rains and inclement weather as Luzon. Weather as usual is unpredictably - all you can be sure of is that a few storms each year will come close to Cebu.... when is any one's guess! (We get aroudn 20-25 storms in Phils every year).

Also, a storm passing Mindanao will affect Cebu island too (the open large wooden bangka you catch to reaching Malapascua will be tossed around a lot). It is best to be prepared for some changes in your trip, and be happy if the weather is bright and sunshiney.

Bohol is a different story - the fast ferries that go from Cebu to Tagbilaran are less affected by storms since they are modern enclosed ones.

As Clare has rightly mentioned, Just monitor the weather a week before your trip. When we have bright sunshine (as we had a while ago), it is great, and when we have a storm around (like right now), it pours!

Luckily there are always dry bright spells between storms.

Oslo
reviews: 101
7. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

Expect rain on Boracay, how much or how long no one knows during rainy season. Its a misconception to think it will rain for a few hours on Boracay then clear up. Yes it can happen and often does, but that is not always true this time of year. To see Manila today take a look.

…yahoo.com/heavy-rains-swamp-metro-manila--n…

Makati, Philippines
reviews: 20
8. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

Do not come any closer to Manila... Darn. I am in the office right now. Cant get out. Water is everywhere. It's like a WATERWORLD come to life! Waaaaaaaaaaahhhh...

#StrandedIn The Office

:'(

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 234
9. Re: Weather at the moment - August 2013

@P'trekker

Perhaps this is the time to take out one's kayak and go kayaking down Manila's street

:)

No - I am not making fun. Having a bangka is common all over Phils in the provinces - even for people staying inland, for precisely this reason. Might as well make hay while the sun shines (and kayak while it rains)

I do sympathise for everyone caught in the rains and floods.

Reply to: Weather at the moment - August 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted