We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal time of year for island hopping.

Which Mactan Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 8
Ideal time of year for island hopping.

We are a group planning a vacation in Cebu in a couple of weeks time. Is January a good time to go on an island hopping tour around Mactan or can we expect bad weather to spoil the fun?

Butte
reviews: 35
1. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

January nice time for weather, maybe the odd rainstorm or thunderstorm, but you are in the tropics

Mactan Island...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

January is normally a good month for nice weather. Although as i write this, it is raining today and little wind. All in all, I would expect you to have good weather. Even if you encounter any rain, it usually does not last long and all of the banca (pump ) boats do have covered roof.. So you can relax and have a drink and maybe eat while waiting for the rain shower to end..

Watch the weather forecast for the time you will be going.. I would say you will not have too much trouble. 90 % or more of the days in January will be just fine for island hopping... Even if you have to deal with a small rain shower...

Zurich, Switzerland
3. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

Thank you, guys! Appreciate your fast & helpful replies. I think we can deal with a little & short-lasting rainshower.

Zurich, Switzerland
4. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

By the way, should we be surprised by thunderstorm and/or strong wind during island hopping around Mactan, is the probability high that we might get stranded somewhere or worst, endanger anyone who are non-expert swimmers? Pardon the boring question, but I just want to enjoy the holiday and rather be safe than sorry. Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,118
5. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

If you have time, don't miss The Jungle Entertainment Center at Maribago on Mactan Island for its terrific nightly cultural dance shows and reasonable food.

There are about 20 reviews of it as an (tourist) 'attraction' and half a dozen as a 'restaurant' on TA. I thought that it was excellent: the staff will even pick you up, a service of which I did not avail because I was not aware of it.

Edited: 7:32 am, January 05, 2011
Zurich, Switzerland
6. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

Excellent tip. We definitely will check this out in Maribago. Thanks.

7. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:50 am, April 13, 2011
8. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:50 am, April 13, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
9. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

WE are heading to cebu the 14th of nov.thought of joining island hopping tour.Was just wondering if nov.is a good month to be in cebu and how is the weather during the time of our visit..Any good travelling agency to recommend,pls advise,thanks.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
10. Re: Ideal time of year for island hopping.

November or any time of the year is good as long as there's no typhoon. I recommend this for island hopping --> http://www.islandsbanca.com/