We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going SCG in October

london
reviews: 5
Going SCG in October

It's still a long way off but that just gives me time to pack lol.

Any excursion ideas or tips would be great fully received, it's our first time to cuba and we are looking forward to the beach and sun.

Thanks

Coral Gables...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Havana, Varadero
reviews: 165
1. Re: Going SCG in October

Have a look at this link..

www.cayoguillermocuba.net/excursions.html

make sure you visit Playa Pilar!!

london
2. Re: Going SCG in October

Thanks, thats a great site .

Any personal veiws would be great too.

Cheshire
reviews: 1
3. Re: Going SCG in October

Hi, we too are going in October for first time, we fly from Manchester on the 11th for 2weeks, when are you flying?

Thanks Angela

West Yorkshire
reviews: 24
4. Re: Going SCG in October

Oct.4th for us.16th stay. Oh and the small item of a friends' wedding to attend ( to the Boss, if you are reading this) I hope Carlos will back in the Cubanito by then. I can envisage many many unhappy guests if he's not, no disrespect to the guys doing the job at the moment, they are all good friends but the Rum Bar and Carlos go hand in hand and is the recipe for a great night down there, in fact, a great DAY and night!

Looking forward to using the new Lobby Bar as well.Just want to be there!

CC

Cheshire
5. Re: Going SCG in October

Hi, we too are getting married at the SCG whilst there, so looking forward to going. What is the weather usually like at this time of year, good I hope? Thanks Angela & Brian

West Yorkshire
6. Re: Going SCG in October

Briange1 Have you done the SCG before? Weather in Oct, is the back end of the hurricane season. So there's a higher chance of a downpour around lunch time, but usually it's gone as quick as it came, but it is still HOT.Will you be on the Oct 4th Manchester flight?

CC

london
7. Re: Going SCG in October

Things cant be too bad if people are travelling to scg so many times.

So looking forward to oct

West Yorkshire
8. Re: Going SCG in October

xxangelaxx, you're right, things AREN'T so bad! You will find when you get talking to folks there, no matter which nationality, that around 70% of them will be repeat guests.

CC

Cheshire
9. Re: Going SCG in October

Hi, thanks for your reply. Not been to the SCG before, first time to Cuba. We normally holiday in turkey, Egypt, but fancied a change. We fly from manchester on the 11th October for 2weeks with Thomas Cook. See u there if u still around when we arrive. Son is 14 and daughter is 10 coming too, so hopefully there will be lots for them too.

Cheshire
10. Re: Going SCG in October

For xxxAngelaxxx, when are you at the SCG, we arrive on the 11th for 2weeks.

Edited: 1:47 pm, May 12, 2013