We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok Barbados experts, help me here

Which St Lawrence Gap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, Oklahoma
reviews: 23
Ok Barbados experts, help me here

We've come across a great deal to the "new" couples resort that will be taking over the Almond resort. We would be going in October. We are big Mexico fans, and have been going to Playa, Tulum area for years now. We love the fact that we fly 2+ hours and are there. This deal to do a couples adults only in a far away (for us) island is almost to good to pass up.

One of my main hurdles is the fact that I have to fly nearly 7 hours to get there, haha. I know I sound like a little whiner, but mexico is so easy. I can say, we may never have a chance to see Barbados if we don't do this trip.

I guess I'm saying, sell me Barbados! :) We love to dive, shop, eat, meet new people. Love the beach, biking, etc..... Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
1. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

jackjackattack

It's not often that we get the chance to welcome visitors from states such as Oklahoma, however, I can assure you, despite the 7 hours travel time, it's well worth it to visit this gem in the Caribbean. Few islands can compare to Barbados and we have it all. Great beaches, restaurants, hotels, shopping, nightlife etc.

Couples is bringing something new and exciting to Barbados and many people will take advantage of it. So should you.

For things to do in Barbados:

Visit Harrison's Cave

Visit Hunte's Gardens

Take a dive on the Atlantis Submarine

Visit the Barbados Wildlife Reserve

Visit St Nicholas Abbey and sample some of their legendary rum and tour the historic house

Take a Catamaran Cruise on Cool Runnings

Visit the Barbados Concorde Experience

Take a 4x4 Adventureland Island Tour

Visit Cherry Tree Hill for breath-taking views of the island

Visit Bathsheba

Visit Hackleton's Cliff for breath-taking views of the island

Visit St. John's Parish Church

Gun Hill Signal Station is also fantastic

Visit Oistins on a Friday night around 19:00, have dinner at Pat's Place, the dishes are delightful.

If you're into history, visit Sunbury Great House, also a great place for having lunch

For shopping, visit the world-class Limegrove Lifestyle Centre in Holetown, St. James where you can shop at Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren just to name a few.

Do take a look at www.totallybarbados.com where you will find a wealth of quality and up-to-date information on the island.

Hope this helps

Regards

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 55
2. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

Just remember October is traditionally the rainiest month, though that is not always the case.

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 12
3. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

mydestination.com/barbados/…insandouts

Above are two excellent books you can look at to give you an idea of what is available in Barbados.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/ This is an excellent video of the beaches in Barbados.

Edmond, Oklahoma
reviews: 23
4. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Have to make my decision by April 3rd, so I have some time.

Canby, October is the rainy month for the yucatan area as well, but as long as the big storms stay away, the weather is usually as wonderful as anytime, but thanks for the heads up.

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 12
5. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

Just to add-diving is good, excellent food, people are super friendly, shopping is so-so, some nice craft shops, good local rum. I wouldn't do any biking here though. They just aren't set up for that, roads in most areas are narrow, with no paved shoulders.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 79
6. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

You can drink the water from the tap ( you wont have to worry about Montezumas revenge)

The language is English

The fish is fresh and fantastic

Some top quality restaurants

The people (in the main ) are very friendly and welcoming.

Despite what you may have read recently the island is relatively low on crime

The Rum!!!

South Yorkshire
reviews: 28
7. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

.........., and you won't be pestered to death .

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
8. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

jackjackattack

You're welcome and happy planning.

Regards

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 5
9. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

We have been to Couples Sans Souci and Couples Negril - both in Jamaica - and absolutely LOVED these resorts. We are booked for 2 weeks in Dec. for Couples Barbados and can't wait. You will be very very happy with Couples - and these prices won't be seen again - I would jump at the opportunity if I were you.

Des Moines, IA
reviews: 20
10. Re: Ok Barbados experts, help me here

We are flying from Iowa to Couples Barbados January 31. After 6 trips to Mexico and 4 to Jamaica (and we are going to Jamaica this October) we had never considered Barbados until Couples opened a resort. We are not the type to stay on the resort the entire time but staying at Couples we know that we are getting a quality product. The airfare from of Des Moines to BGI was actually the same price as the airfare to Jamaica for the same week. I just wish that there were better options for flights because it was either leave in the evening and spend the night in Miami on the way down or arrive at BGI at 10:20 at night. We chose the Miami option. I think that Couples will get a lot of Americans and Canadians that otherwise would not have considered Barbados to give it a try. It will be good to experience a new country.