We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Gap Hotel

Which St Lawrence Gap hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Upminster
reviews: 1
South Gap Hotel

Hi everyone

I am booked into the South Gap Hotel between 28th December and 5th December in a Superior Oceanfront Studio. I read reviews on tripadvior that noise disturbance could be an issue and spoke to the hotel asking if it’s possible to have a quiet room. Their response was that our room category on level one was already sold out for our duration and that the only option would be is to upgrade to a Junior Suite room which is on pool level. Has anyone stayed here and would they recommend upgrading for the extra $20 a night?

I normally prefer a balcony as I think it provides more privacy than a terrace and also a better view as you are higher up.

Emma

scotland
reviews: 3
1. Re: South Gap Hotel

Yes, you will love it

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for St Lawrence Gap
reviews: 14
2. Re: South Gap Hotel

Haven't stayed there but stayed next door at Rostrevor and i had an ocean view room and never heard any noise at all.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 40
3. Re: South Gap Hotel

Worth every penny of the extra cost,would not stay on the upper floors due to noise.The pool deck rooms are spacious and quiet at night,the only noise is the sea.We have stayed there half a dozen times at least,and would recommend these rooms

peterborough
reviews: 19
4. Re: South Gap Hotel

Once again we have stayed on the junior suites , they are great , we walked out of our room and we were in the pool , no noise at night

Upminster
reviews: 1
5. Re: South Gap Hotel

I was more worried about the view thinking that the higer up we were the nicer the view of the sea would be. I noticed from the pictures that their is a fence around the pool and was wondering if that would obstruct our view any comments on this?

Thanks guys.

leeds
6. Re: South Gap Hotel

We stayed at the South Gap last christmas and we were on the top floor and the view was fantastic, however the noise on our first night was pretty bad (Hals car park bar!!)

We thought we would have to move floors or even hotels but the 2nd night we had the balcony doors open and from then on it was never an issue, it didn't effect our sleep or when we were sat out on the balcony, strangely if you are actually in Hals Bar the noise isn't that loud, is must get louder as it rises!!

We are returning this Christmas and have requested a high floor again so hopefully will put you at ease!

7. Re: South Gap Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about St Lawrence Gap