We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To book or not to book

Which Maxwell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
High Wycombe...
reviews: 1
To book or not to book

We're flying to Barbados on 27th December for 3 weeks. Normally, we stay at the southern palms however this year we're on more of a budget and are staying at the rostrevor. For some reason virgin would only allow us to book 17 nights at the rostrevor so we thought we'd take the opportunity to stay at the southern palms for the last 4 nights.

The problem is that the best price I can get for the southern palms for 4 nights is over £1000 which is more expensive than the hilton and is about £300 more expensive that the bougainvillea ( I've stayed at both and in my opinion, they're both better than the southern palms). If it was fantastic theyd be no hesitation but although it has some nice touches and we know the staff, it just isn't worth £250 per night.

My question is whether we should book the last 4 nights before we go or to do it when we are in Barbados in the hope that we'll get a good price for booking in person, at the last minute. I think it's a risk whereas the husband thinks we should wait.

15 replies to this topic
High Wycombe...
11. Re: To book or not to book

It did, it's all booked and what's more, we are 2 adults and one 3 year old and it was still £620, thanks again

Sheffield, England
reviews: 31
12. Re: To book or not to book

That Is a very good deal - I'm glad it worked out. I love S Palms but I wouldn't have paid £1,000 for four nights! They have an NYE party - wish I could be there. The details are on their Facebook page.

High Wycombe...
13. Re: To book or not to book

We were there for last years NYE party and it was excellent. Nice dinner plus fireworks at midnight. It was very special.

London
reviews: 2
14. Re: To book or not to book

Good news, glad it all worked out for you. Tend to agree, much as I love staying at the Southern Palms when I go to Barbados I'm not sure that it's worth over £1k for 4 nights, I've stayed in better hotels around the World and paid a lot less than that, I think ~£600 is about right though.

plymouth
15. Re: To book or not to book

hi iv read your post with interest i don,t think sp will give you a deal they had a bad summer and i think they will try to recoup their losses in the winter months what about mistle cove that one is good and their beach is lovely

Reply to: To book or not to book
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maxwell