We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook!!!

Which Pefkos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 2
Thomas cook!!!

Travelling to pefkos tomorrow with my husband and 2 children, had a phone call from thomas cook yesterday afternoon to say that we were being moved from matina apts to stella apts , some thing to do with contracts. When my husband got on the phone they admitted it was due to over booking and they pick someone at random and move them!! We booked this holiday after a lot of carefully consideration 15 months ago!! And on very good recommendation from friends that matina was a lovely place to stay. I am sure that stella is lovely as well but we chose matina !! I have one deflated family at the moment , just hoping that everything is ok when we arrive!

Wirral
reviews: 3
1. Re: Thomas cook!!!

Hey

Sorry to hear you have been totally messed around, this happens quite often in the world of Tour Operators/agents/hotels,although it doesnt make it right.

If its the Stella Hotel you have been booked into, it is popular and has good reviews, it is very central and close to all the bars and restaurants and a 10 minute walk to the beach. It has mini markets close by.

If its the Stella View, this is located in an elevated position off the main Lindos Pefkos road with great views of the bay, although it is quite an uphill walk. OK to good reviews though.

You may know Pefkos anyway so sorry if I am preaching to the converted.

Nothing makes up for not getting what you want and paid for but I hope you enjoy your stay regardless.

Mart

Edited: 3:50 am, July 30, 2013
Manchester, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Thomas cook!!!

Check they have moved you to the Stella Hotel! It is lovely and very central.

However there is also the Stella View Apartments at the top of the hill from The Stella hotel.

They are also very nice, with probably the best views in Pefkos, but a bit of a drag with a family!

Bristol, United...
3. Re: Thomas cook!!!

They just said stella apartments I'm guessing its stella hotel as that is on thomas cook website, don't know if I'm right but isn't the other one just studios? And she said we have 1 bed apt.

Wirral
reviews: 3
4. Re: Thomas cook!!!

Hey

It probably will be the Stella Hotel as TC should strive to put you in a 'like for like' hotel (ie Stella Hotel) rather than a block of studios (ie Stella View), just thought you should be aware though.

M

Earby
reviews: 1
5. Re: Thomas cook!!!

This happened to us a few years ago with Thomas Cook. We had 4 rooms booked at the Matina and they rang day before we were due to fly to move only part of the group to the Pefkos Village which is quite a distance away from the Matina. Thomas Cook seem to keep doing this with people year after year and it should be stopped. You should get the holiday that you choose and pay for. We have stayed at the Stella hotel, it's very nice but Matina is a livelier more family focused hotel.

Bristol, United...
6. Re: Thomas cook!!!

I think it's disgusting what they have done to us , especially because we booked it so early. Surely if they over book it should be last in 1st out, but apparently this is not the case. That must of been awfull for you at the time.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
reviews: 8
7. Re: Thomas cook!!!

Its the normal for all tour operators . Unfortunatly they will be covered in their T&C's and can do this . Sad but true. Enjoy

reviews: 12
8. Re: Thomas cook!!!

I believe the Stella is a little less expensive so you may be entitled to some money back?

which.co.uk/consumer-rights/…

Edited: 8:49 am, July 30, 2013
Bristol, United...
9. Re: Thomas cook!!!

Thanks for that, they have said they will refund us the difference.

Earby
reviews: 1
10. Re: Thomas cook!!!

Yeah it was awful when they did it to us. I tried to argue that we had booked it 12 months in advance and we knew some people that had only booked a couple of month ago so they should be moved not us but they didn't care and said it didn't work like that. Anyway we did enjoy our holiday and return every year to pefkos but we do not book with Thomas Cook anymore.

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos