We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalia hotel

Which Pefkos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hull
reviews: 1
Thalia hotel

hi everybody,we are going to the Thali hotel in 3 Weeks we are a mixed party of adults infants and babies,i have just read the most recent reviews on the hotel and they are not great,we are very worried and are considering changing the hotel,if it where just us adults we would get on with it,but its the children we are thinking about ie dirty pools,food not good,could any of you give us some advice on what would be best to do,thanks

Suffolk, U.K
reviews: 2
1. Re: Thalia hotel

Hi Dawn

I am going to the Thalia with 5 friends In July. If you look at the 3 most recent reviews 1 and 3 are by the same group of people that travelled together, My personal personal opion is that if you have any health Issues with food etc, go self catering, that way you have control over what you eat!!! I have emailed a couple of the reviewers and to be honest the replies I recieved were more detailed than the reviews they gave and were fine. The main gripes seem to be the food choices, at the end of the day if you want cooked breakfasts etc, go self catering or to Blackpool!!!

I obviously can't comment on the pools as I haven't been yet but what people tend to forget is the Thalia is only 2.5 star and therefore the cost does reflect that. (Although cleanliness does not cost anything admitedly) I personally wouldn't have picked this hotel if I was taking children with me, I am a bit of a geek with holidays as in research etc. The reason we picked the Thalia was mainly the price as a couple of the girls are on really tight budgets BUT I am a real Greece fan and like traditional older places not packed multi floored hotels! We are planning to eat out a couple of times (that should keep the AI haters on here happy) as I said earlier the main gripe seems to be not enough choice, food not piping hot, oh and it being Greek.......odd that as the Hotel is in Greece LOL.

I probably haven't been much help really but if it's worrying you that much, it probably wouldn't hurt to find out how much it would be to change but I think it is not going to be cheap. Please remember that some people will moan/groan/complain about anything, so I always take bad reviews with a pinch of salt, unless they are ALL bad!! LOL.

If you message me on here I will gladly forward you the email I recieved from a reviewer I contacted. Hope this helps.

hull
2. Re: Thalia hotel

i would like to message you but dont know how to lol my email is stanno67@yahoo.co.uk would love to see the email x

Suffolk, U.K
3. Re: Thalia hotel

Hi Dawn

I have sent you a message via Tripadvisor, have a look in your Inbox :-) x

hull
4. Re: Thalia hotel

hi Gail thanks for the reply we have decided to still go,i understand what you say about reviews and there are some right old moaners out there,we did book this hotel knowing we would be eating out too and was using the hotel as a base,maybe the biggest issue would be the pools do you know much about them being dirty x

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Thalia hotel

I was really closeto booking this hotel through TC , but went for the Oceanis instead but would love it if you posted a review on your return

Suffolk, U.K
6. Re: Thalia hotel

Hi Dawn, well I had a trawl through previous reviews when looking to book but didn't really notice anything about dirty pools. The reviews for the year before last were a bit dire but they had Improved last year and they really need people to keep going back or else they will go out of business, so I can't see it's THAT bad. LOL. If all else fails and the pools are rank, theres always the beach :-))) x

Suffolk, U.K
7. Re: Thalia hotel

Hi Supanotts, I will Indeed post a review on our return, we will either be really chilled out or extremely stressesd!! LOL.

Nottingham, United...
8. Re: Thalia hotel

Well I do hope its chilled and you ALL have a great jolly

Edited: 12:16 pm, June 09, 2012
Suffolk, U.K
9. Re: Thalia hotel

Thanks Supanotts and you :-))) X

Nottingham, United...
10. Re: Thalia hotel