We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report days 7 and 8

Which Deshaies hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Underhill, VT
reviews: 34
Trip report days 7 and 8

Trip report to Guadeloupe January 2012 day 7

Lovely morning trip to Jardin Botanique. Are actually on 2nd attempt to go snorkeling, and think: hey! Let's do this on the way ! Take many pictures, tour the whole place despite screaming knee. Not everything in bloom of course, but somehow hours go by. Splendid collection,giants of things we buy in little pots for 12 $. so many oohs ans aaaahs. Have lovely lunch overlooking falls, still in the shade, with beautiful women dressed in madras who brought us an english menu when they saw we were looking up things in the dictionary!DH [dear husband]had octopus, I indulged in “fruits du mer” . Tried photographing birds, but no luck.. they move so fast ! Did read a few facts and know a smidgen more. Plantings there made me appreciate plantings here at HGA... such a variety is available in this climate !!!Purchased a few cartes postales, and DH bought placemats of volcano for him, and beach scenes for me. What a dear man ! We then drive crazy -”fou “ ! to Plage Malendenture, to make 3 o'clock boat to Cousteau Reserve, but once there, and checked in, cannot find DH”s wallet. My wallet does not matter . Where in the world is his ??? NOT IN CAR. He starts driving crazier “fou” [fou means crazy in french] back to Jardin where he used it last [Jardin Botanique]and I scream “You cannot drive like this!” The roads are hilly, up and down and up and down and up and down. many many turns. I've already thrown up once ! I am literally sick of this road. [N2}

#1 find Jardin Botanique's phone number.

# 2 figure how to phone them. 4th attempt works. I Use the “0” before 590, I ask to be connected to the boutique, and they have his wallet !!!

We get there, we say many thanks yous....we then go to Plage Grande Ance [Beach in the big cove] and lay down on towels in the sun.....and have a beer and relax. And breathe slow. And swim. And hold hands. Kiss. Float in the water. Do the back stroke. Return to towel in the sun. And watch as a sand crab pops up 4 inches from my head. What big eyes he has. He is terrified of me. I lay still as long as I can, which feels like f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Inch my way to my camera. He freaks. Blinks a lot. I ease away and he hides in the shadow of our backpack, but on the way, DH gets great photos. Then it is time to focus on the sunset, which is great. We've seen the green flash only once, in St Croix, Fredericksted. We pack up and return to our villa for showers and rum drinks.

1. Re: Trip report days 7 and 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 22, 2014